Phil Robertson Suspended...

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NYY, Dec 18, 2013.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Indefinitely for comments on homosexuality by A & E.

Go...

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Saw this coming.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i just wish, when someone says something we don't like, we could say, "ok, fine" and carry on with our day.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I agree.

However, if all Christians (myself included) would treat everyone with the love that Christ did with the same vigor that they pound the homosexual drum, oh what a world we would live in.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

100% correct as well

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Suspended? Hadn't he already left the show?

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Not to my knowledge.

8. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

I don't agree with this guy's opinions and can't stand that show, but it drives me crazy that in this country when someone says something that others don't like then their lives must be ruined.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Maybe I'm in the wrong, but I've never understood the hatred for homosexuality. Even if it is viewed in your eyes as sin, at what point is that your biggest fear?

10. JayVols

I think Phil will manage just fine in his life department without being on the show.

11. JayVols

Agreed.

Don't like it. Don't do it. Simple.

12. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

I lean toward that is the outcome he wanted.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Weird how some people talk about his 1st amendment rights being violated, but don't think A&E or the people who run it should have any say or control over their own network.

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I appreciate Phil Robertson and even enjoy his testimony. I've not heard his entire quote so I can't even comment to how in depth he went. I'm still real big on just telling people what God has done for you. Nothing more. Nothing less. Leave other people's lives to them.

15. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Don't bite the hand that feeds you, A&E.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Eh, what was said?

17. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Duck Dynasty will be heading to a different network pretty soon if I had to guess. There has been tension with a&e regarding prayer since the show began and this will be the motivation to make a change.

18. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/12/19/business/media/phil-robertson-suspended-from-duck-dynasty.html?ie=UTF-8&source=android-browser&q=phil%20robertson

19. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I bet a significant majority of the people talking about this have never seen one minute of DD, and I also bet they'll forget this happened within a week. Remember when all those stores "banned" Paula Deen? I saw her cookware back on the shelves at Wal-Mart the other day.

A&E may have the right to do what they're doing, but if I were them, I wouldn't want to jeopardize my relationship with the family that helped me shatter cable ratings records.

20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Like I told the wife, it is freedom of speech. Not freedom I speed without consequence.