Play of the year

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Oct 8, 2016.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Goes to Malik Foreman. Good grief

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That was incredible.

I don't mind the call in 2OT but Dobbs needs to be smarter with the. All on that.

We gave it away today but what freaking heart.

Heart doesn't always get you work s clearly.

3. salutethehill

salutethehill Member

His new name is Feast or Famine Foreman

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Ply when dude was trying to flip Jennings and Jennings turned him over and slammed him was the best.

Play of the year was clearly the Hail Mary.

5. midtownvol83

midtownvol83 Active Member

Dobbs is absolutely terrible in OT.

Seems like every OT we've been in he's choked and gave the ball away (Hurd saved him in App. State). USCjr may be the only he hasn't choked in.. I think that was an OT game but that was more on the defense.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Dobbs is terrible. Period.

7. Tenacious D

Dobbs and Malone lost that game.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

He tries to take it all on himself and all in single plays. It's silly, but look at who is on the sideline. You can't rely on them to tell you what to do either.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Agreed.

He has clearly won us some games via will and tenacity, but he has lost us as many with inability to throw it and poor decision making.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Again, fumbles lost that game. Attrition helped.

11. midtownvol83

We probably win by 2 TDs if Dobbs takes care of the ball today. Thought he put it all behind him after we went to OT though so I was willing to forgive him.

Still in shock over that BS non-targeting call when they knocked Evan Berry out cold with crown of the helmet to his face mask.

12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I didn't hate the passing play to open 2 OT but I'm getting texts from friends that did. Your senior QB has to make better decisions than that.

13. midtownvol83

Should've just dumped it off to Kamara every single play in OT. He was shredding them as a safety valve, up the middle and on screens.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Don't hate play action, but that route choice and Dobbs picking it to try and hit was atrocious. Even without that safety it's a hard route to hit. Floating a touch ball over the middle on a compressed field is crap I'd bench my son for.

He's all but uncoached and it's obvious.

15. midtownvol83

Pretty sure it was the same play from the Florida game. He was going to Wolf no matter what.

16. Tenacious D

Anything - anything - was better than Dobbs throwing it over the middle of the field.

I never imagined that I'd miss one of Dobbs' classic plays where he just stands in the pocket for 8 seconds before getting sacked and losing 15 yards, but I would have even preferred that, there.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agreed. A pass is fine. The throw wasn't.

18. Tenacious D

This is all true.

Dobbs actually sucks as bad in putting touch on the ball as being accurate with it - that play required both, and the guy was STILL double-covered.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

A guy on a post with under and over can't be hit with the ball, unless he's Shaq.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yes. This x1,000. That essentially gave A&M a TD. Then, they ejected Warrior for a much cleaner hit.