PnP Dungeons and Dragons

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by NorrisAlan, Dec 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Anyone here play or ever played? Just started teaching my kids how to play, and I haven't played in 15+ years. It has been quite fun, especially the new 5e rules (I stopped playing when 2e was the main rules).

I started playing in 1981 when I was in the 6th grade, and played almost constantly (though I took a year or two break during my Bible thumping days) until 1999 when my wife and I moved to Connecticut.

If you like to play, I strongly suggest checking out the new 5e rules. You can download a basic rules pdf from the Wizards of the Coast website, which has everything you need to actually play, but doesn't have all the bells and whistles and class options in the PHB and DMG.

2. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Didn't know what pnp meant so I googled it. Meth, Gay Sex, and Dungeons and Dragons. Interesting.

3. NorrisAlan

Pick two!

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Always wanted to, but growing up, Dungeons and Dragons was devil worship--like most everything else.

I'll make the kid play when he gets older, so I'll have an excuse to get to.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Roll initiative

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

7. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I've always thought it was a pretty neat concept, though I'm not too familiar with it. I enjoy the PC games from the D&D universe.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Actually played quite a bit.

9. NorrisAlan

I'll be honest, this surprises me for some reason. Well done, my friend.

10. fl0at_

11. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

My son plays but it would be weird if I wedged my way into the game with all of his other 8 buddies. So just sit back and make corny jokes.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2016
  12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Never played, but might give it a look when I decide I never want to have sex again.

13. NorrisAlan

Hey, now, I still have sex. Sometimes. Occasionally. When I roll a natural 20.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

15. fl0at_

Oh, I meant only to get him up to speed. Then he's on his own.

16. fl0at_

That, or Chris Perkins.

17. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I still don't know. Somebody splain, pls

18. NorrisAlan

Pencil (or Pen) and Paper. Basically sitting around a table, rolling dice, eating Doritos and drinking Mt. Dew and pretending to kill orcs with your level 3 half-elf ranger.

19. NorrisAlan

20. fl0at_

I think it would be done via voice and video, not text. But yea, it wouldn't be like the good ol' days. But unless you have a group... you ain't got the good ol' days anyway.