PnP Dungeons and Dragons

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by NorrisAlan, Dec 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Chaotic evil is how I roll. Pun intended.

My uncle is an amazing dungeon master.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

DM: "And suddenly, in bursts the shopkeeper. Hownwoudlnyounlike to handle this?"

"Is there any way I can talk my way out of this? "

DM: "You can try a diplomacy check."

"Alright, any modifiers?"

DM: "no, just a straight d20."

Me: "I think he should get charisma"

DM: "No Friggen rules lawyers."

*rolls*

Group: "Ohhhh, crit". *ahahha*

DM: "Suddenly the shop keepers daughter, covered in sweat, tears and possibly other substances jumps out of bed and throws herself on her father saying 'I love him paw, I love him.' Disgusted by being wrapped up in the arms of his fully naked and stained daughter, the shopkeeper flees."

"In my way out, I drop a gold on his counter. Ya know, for his goods."

3. JayVols

Well done.

4. JayVols

I'm a puzzling riddle of an enigma wrapped inside a mystery.

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Actually not too far off. When we played we weren't too into the role playing part it was mainly a way to get together and hang out, fight some random battles and consume alcohol. To open our first campaign together our tank (Bigus Dickus) caught a goblin. The DM said we needed to interrogate him to get things started, but our halfling hunter had a better idea. He had the tank throw the goblin up in the air so that he could essentially skeet shoot him. Not surprisingly, he critically missed and the goblin ran away. At that point our DM knew he was going to have his hands full, because we just wanted to do stupid stuff and have a lot of fun. He was a really good sport about everything.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Heh.

I have always been a rather "serious" gamer, and never enjoyed when people just wanted to do random dipshit stuff. But that is the beauty of the game, and as long as everyone agrees, anything can happen.

7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

There's times when I want to play serious and times that I like to goof off. If you have a good DM, you can have fun doing either. I always liked how ours was good about ad libbing everything. Over half of that campaign was complete improv.

8. NorrisAlan

My son's high school has a D&D club.

My school never had a D&D club. I am jealous.

9. NorrisAlan

That night when you throw a single banshee at your party and all fail their con save and die, save one, who remembers his inspiration and rolls with advantage and saves by 1 point.

fl0at_ likes this.
  10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I understand some of these words.

11. fl0at_

We should have a zoom DnD night. Bring the entire site up to speed.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Plot: the party is going out to recruit in the villages for the local militia. It's about the Jimmys and the Joes, not the thac0's and savings throws.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It's just how they are used.

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

When you zoom DnD, do you just put the top part of your costume on or the whole thing?

15. NorrisAlan

All of it or it doesn't work.

warhammer likes this.
  16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

ive never played. Was just always out of the house and busy growing up so I really don't know anything about the game. Literally know nothing about it.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

My costume has a bottom part: tiny fur britches.

warhammer likes this.
  18. fl0at_

It's not a complicated game. You have a dungeon master, who is running a module, or their own game.

And the players, with their character sheets. New or old.

Players have stats on their characters that allow them to do different things, or have different abilities.

The DM guides the players through the game, the players roll dice, of varying numbers, depending on the situation, that determines some form of action.

I wasn't allowed to play as a kid because it was devil worship, according to my mom. So I didn't know anything about it until my mid-20s.

Never too late to try. It's just a game.

19. fl0at_

And trust that I rolled what I said I rolled? Pfft, anyone that plays with me makes my camera point at the dice.

warhammer likes this.
  20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I laughed.

I hope I wasn't supposed to not say that.