Police Now “Armed For War” Against Returning Veterans

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, May 19, 2014.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I know a guy with a semi-auto version.

2. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

He's one of the few that KNOWS the TRUTH.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Saw the avatar and thought Freak had started posting here.

4. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

No, he just monitors the site.

5. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

It is already happening. The police are becoming the real terrorists. You are 8 times more likely to be killed by a cop than a terrorist. The police are more and more being used to prey on and terrorize the public.

[video=youtube;_CrzoWqAkSM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CrzoWqAkSM[/video]

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

They drew first blood, not me.

7. JayVols

*applause*

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And I bet there are orders of magnitude more cops in the US than terrorists. Your claim, while perhaps true, is warping the statistics. You are 8 times more likely to die from a motorcycle accident than from falling.

Was your video a proof of excessive force? I cannot tell, to be honest, the footage was so far away and so poorly taken it is hard to tell what the hell was going on. Quit living in a soup of paranoia and enjoy life. I have not been oppressed by the government a day in my life. I have received 3 or 4 traffic tickets, all legitimate. I pay my taxes, live a good life and enjoy my home, hearth and family. I travel unimpeded throughout the US, on mostly well maintained highways (I59 still sucks ass, but that is Alabama for you). I play when I want, where I want. I work at the job of my choice. I do not fear the cops, because I am a law abiding citizen.

Do cops abuse their power? Of course. So do politicians, preachers, plant supervisors, shift supervisors, anyone with any power over another person. It is in our nature. Can we, as conscious beings fight this? Of course, but some do not. They are the outlier.

"Paranoia will destroy ya."

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

my favorite statistic is you are 5 times more likely to die of a skateboarding accident than in an earthquake.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I did get a little undue hassle for no apparent reason from a KPD officer one time, but now it's really just a humorous memory and a party story

11. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

If I were a cop, the statistic would be much more exaggerated. The public is lucky that I realize the character flaw I possess.

12. NorrisAlan

"Boss, I need ANOTHER recharge on my taser."

13. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Well if it isn't happening to you it probably isn't happening. Congrats. Keep living the American Dream.

14. NorrisAlan

I didn't say it isn't happening to some people. Of course it is. Some police abuse people just like everyone else. But you would have us believe it is pervasive, systemic and cabal in its nature. You must be living in a very different country than I am.

15. JayVols

You can't reason with batshit crazy.

16. NorrisAlan

I just like using the word "cabal".

17. punkcat

punkcat Member

For everyone of those stupid videos you post, I can post at least 3 that show officers are killed or assaulted by our innocent citizens.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would say 90% of the cops in America do their job and are good at it.

The other 10% suck.

Ben would have you believe it's the exact opposite.

19. JayVols

Faked.

-ben

20. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

What is a "good" cop. Someone might see the video I posted and say those were good cops. Some might see the video and think they are not. Most cops are brainwashed into believing they are enforcing the law to protect order. Without law there would be no order. Or this is the sentiment the "state" wants to nurture in its' citizenry. As long as the public identifies order with law, it will continue to look to and support the state with almost zero regard to how oppressive it may become. Unfortunately, the rule of law is a myth. Thus Cops, in today's system, are not agents of good.