Possible Extraterrestrial Signal From Deep Space

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kidbourbon, Aug 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

None strong enough, not until Nazi Germany started broadcasting more powerful signals, if I am not mistaken.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

according to contact the first one strong enough was the Olympics in berlin which was 80 years ago.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ours would be weak and quite attenuated by then. Really fuzzy and hard to pick apart from background noise

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Let's be honest, this signal is basically a PBS broadcast warning that 95 light years away is a very primitive planet, and to avoid it at all costs. Instead, take the IG-70 off ramp, rimworldly.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Only one observatory -in Russia- picked up on the signal. Isn't that cause for suspicion?

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Awesome! So the first thing they are going to find out about us in about 15 years is from propaganda in Nazi Germany. Great first impression.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Now it looks to be of terrestrial origin. Why you don't talk about this crap until you have more proof.

8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I think in their defense, they tried to keep it internal, until some outside party found it and decided it was being secreted away.

9. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Because it's a great conversation starter.

10. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

And let's be honest, cosmology has to, and does, leave a lotta wiggle room for creative semi-educated spitballing. Proof isn't really a requirement.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Extraordinary claims always should be met with demands for extraordinary evidence. I need peer review and replication

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Pretty much the only scene I remember from Contact was the aliens sending the transition back to us and everyone freaking out.

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Don't forget about that creepy blonde guy destroying the machine.