PREDICT: TN vs WVU (Prediction thread)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Aug 27, 2018.

1. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Will the game day chat be up and running? Starting on my rum now. Going with Flor De Cana 7 yr today.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It’s up and running already, my friend.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Got a text from the stands:
    "Different looking team and body language. Every coach in a players ear getting them jacked up. I wanna run out there"

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Rucker acting like he's dropping new knowledge about JG starting. Uh, ya, everyone who has been following that already strongly suspects that is the case.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Rucker is a gigantic douche

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Paid zero attention. Is Guantanamo starting?

7. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

It says I haven’t joined a room and I don’t see anywhere to join a room

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He’s as loseristic of a douche as possible.

justingroves likes this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Grant Ramey is right there with him, he's Rucker's lapdog

11. Nannerpuss

Nannerpuss Member

Dana Holgs is more fun to watch when you imagine him speaking with Bobcat Goldthwait's voice

NorrisAlan and justingroves like this.
  12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Did you work it out? Should be a ‘+’ next to “General Chat,” and you can click “Join.”

13. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Yes I finally saw it, thanks!

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Good:
    Freshmen got a LOT of experience on defense today
    OL were up to the task later on in the game, even when WVU brought pressure
    Guarantano made some great throws when given time. And handled WVU pass rush well
    UT got themselves into position in the third quarter to get back into the game, but couldn't capitalize. Missed corner throw by Guarantano ended UT's chances
    Tuttle can wreck shop for a lot of snaps. He was held often and still got into the backfield
    The running backs are very solid

Bad:
    Pass rush. WVU's line IS bigger - averaging about 330 opposed to the UT DL's 300. It showed today
    Tackling is still an issue. Grier could have been sacked about 3 more times but poor tackling let him get away.
    Interior O-line play. How many times did Bigelow blow up play in the first half? He slowed down later on, but the damage was done.
    Linebacker play. Hot damn how little of an impact can a LB corps have? I imagine it can't be much worse.
    Blitz packages. These ain't gonna work, coach. WVU picked them up well
    Depth. A few more injuries and UT is really boned on the lines and in the secondary

Ugly:
    Secondary play. Turn your damn heads, boys.

Thankfully, one game does not a season make. Some things are fixable throughout the course of a season. Size and speed are not fixable. That will take more Jimmies and Joes. Hopefully the coaches can hammer home the importance of pursuit angles. Helton made some good adjustments to avert WVU's pressure as the game rolled on. Tim Jordan and Jauan Jennings are grown men on the football field. UT is a 6 win team with the current line play.

Onward we go.

Ssmiff, GahLee and chavisut like this.
  15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I would add we are pretty good at WR.

lylsmorr likes this.
  16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'll also add Helton's playcalling rhythm was bad at times.

ptclaus98 likes this.
  17. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Bigelow messed up our game plan imo. I think they called scared on offense even after he wasn't a factor. I expect play calling to be a lot more dialed in in two weeks

18. Dalekanium

Dalekanium Chieftain

Since Pruitt comes from Saban’s tree, I don’t think we will be seeing the secondary players turn their heads very often. Alabama defenders are known for not turning to find the ball. Constant pressure on the receiver seems to work for them. We just need some better guys or more experience. Of course, Grier made more than a few throws that would have been completed on NFL DBs. Maybe Pruitt will adjust to the current talent level in the secondary. Or maybe they will get better at running it.

19. Dalekanium

Dalekanium Chieftain

Boy, was I [uck fay]ing wrong. Still, they will improve. Guarantano was a different player than last year. Tim Jordan is a man.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Good wrap up by Lyles. We do look slow, but being flatfooted vs moving wr isnt going to look good. I dont think Pruitt will let that happen again.
    Kongbo, Phillips, Bituli, Kirkland...where the f were they. I realize WV often kept 7 in to block to give their wrs time to beat our young dbs, but somebody is 1 v 1 and has to win a battle.