President Trump: Illegal Border Crossings Down 70%

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jul 20, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

If Democrat: 70% decline in border apprehensions, borders left unprotected.

See: Obama.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

If Democrat: 70% decline in border apprehensions, borders left unprotected.

See: Obama.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I am also glad that fewer people aren't streaming unchecked across our border, thanks to President Trump's enforcement of our existing laws!

Great news!

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Interesting read on "uncooperative jurisdictions", too.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) executives are reallocating resources to increase enforcement efforts in “uncooperative jurisdictions” where criminal aliens are released back onto the streets by local jail officials.

Acting ICE Director Thomas D. Homan said he is going to deploy more officers and agents to “sanctuary cities” to arrest illegal criminals, the Washington Examiner reported. In an interview with the Examiner, he praised the focus on law enforcement from President Donald Trump saying, “What this president has done is taken the handcuffs off of law enforcement officers who are charged with enforcing immigration laws.”

He said the president’s focus resulted in a 70 percent drop of border apprehensions, leaving immigration officers to place more emphasis on interior enforcement against criminal aliens. He said his focus is now on finding criminal aliens locked up in jails, illegally working jobs, and those on the run from law enforcement.

The Examiner reported that a “key target” is the 300-plus sanctuary cities and counties that refuse to cooperate with ICE officials on detainer requests. Director Homan blasted these jurisdictions saying “In the America I grew up in, cities didn’t shield people who violated the law.”

Link: http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/...iminal-aliens/

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why am i now the thread starter? I didn't start this thread.