President Trump to Meet Un

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Mar 8, 2018.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

All of this is just off the top of my head.

What I don't Like:
    Gutting the State Department (look at all the vacant ambassadorships there are, and look who they are with [south korea jumps out])
    Telling the different departments you cannot use "Climate Change" and other backward thinking directives.
    80% of his staff were horrible decisions and many of them have already bailed or were forced out.
    Tariffs
    Wanting to increase the Military budget when we should be slashing it.

What I am neutral on:
    The attempts at curbing or getting rid of Obamacare. I don't know enough about that legislation to know if it is good or bad, and most likely since it is an ad hoc mess, it is bad.

What I like:
    Telling NATO members they need to carry their weight.
    Taking on North Korea (though I was initially dismayed by his rhetoric, but, hopefully it might be working.)

Honestly, he hasn't done a whole lot other than attempt to undo anything that Obama did.

And all of this is tied to his horrible personality.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I know you didn't ask me, but I'll tell you a few.

Zehr, I think a lot of you. I think you're a genuinely good dude, so please take this with no disrespect. Absolutely none is intended. I understand that people have different views on things. I have no problem with that whatsoever. Variety is the spice of life. Again, don't take anything I say as being disrespectful, condescending, or whatever other negative adjective you want to insert. These are just some of my free flowing thoughts to your question. These thoughts are mine & mine alone. If nobody agrees with anything I say, cool. It's everyone's right to believe in whatever they choose. I try not to judge those beliefs even though I often fail at that goal. Anyway, here goes:

1. I honestly can't understand how anyone can look at this Presidency and be pleased...even if you agree with the politics of it. Trump has no moral compass whatsoever. He will say/do anything at any time if he thinks it will benefit himself. That's why you see him say he will sign a DACA bill, would favor a clean DACA bill, will sign whatever the leaders in Congress negotiate, or wants to take people's guns before due process (after he has cried and cried on Twitter bemoaning situations that involve him that get judged with no due process), THEN the very next day, he says the exact opposite and acts like he never said what he did 24 hours earlier. Words have meaning. When one doesn't believe in anything except self, one will say/do anything in that moment that one feels will benefit oneself. Or, if you prefer, as the great American poet, Aaron Tippin, once said, "You've got to stand for something, or you'll fall for anything."
    That's my ultimate take on the man. He doesn't care one bit about anyone except himself. I find his self-aggrandizing behavior completely repulsive and completely beneath the dignity of his office not to mention dangerous for the country.
    2. While I subscribe to the belief that all politicians are liars, Trump is in a league all his own. Other politicians know they are lying, but they just don't care. What makes Trump worse, imo, is that I really think that if he says a lie enough times, he actually starts to believe the lie. Donald J. Trump would not know the truth if it bit him square in the ass. Twice.
    I take pride in my word having value. If I say something, I mean it. If I'm asked to keep something in confidence, I do it. My word is the only thing in this world I of which I have complete control. If I dishonor my word, I'm at risk of my word never meaning anything again. That's no way to go through life. Donald J. Trump's word is worth less than a Confederate dollar bill in 1866.
    3. He's not draining a swamp, he's making it swampier. By hiring family (one of which I'm 100% sure is crooked as a question mark), he's created a group of untouchables. That's as swampy as it gets.
    How many scandals/misdeeds have already taken place in his cabinet? Jared- Trump talks infrastructure. I could get behind that, but when he comes out against rebuilding the NJ/NY subway line that is used by 200,000 people every weekday to hurt Chuck Schumer, but comes out in favor of establishing a ferry to condos owned by Jared which would raise the value of the condos 50% that already sell for around $1.9 million each, we all should have a problem. http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf/2018/03/jersey_shore_town_seeks_ferry_to_dock_next_to_kush.html
    Tom Price-former HHS Sec.- luxurious travel on our dime. I won't say anything about the probability of his insider trading.
    Ryan Zinke-Sec of Interior- luxurious travel, reducing the size of national land while stating it's definitely not due to oil or gas because there is little there, then a few months later a bidding war for the rights to drill that land breaks out because it's so rich. $139,000 to renovate DOORS in his office. I wonder how much he pays his personal flag raiser (yes, he has his own flag) to raise his flag when he's in office & lower it when he leaves.
    Ben Carson-HUD Sec- a $31,000 table? Come on. Also, luxurious travel.
    Steve Mnuchin- Treasury Sec- using gov't planes so his gold digging trophy wife can shop & have a prime spot to watch an eclipse. Oh, he tried to use a gov't plane for his European honeymoon, too. Really? Yes, really.
    David Shulkin- Veterans Affiars- lying about receiving an award so his wife could accompany him on a European trip on our dime. It was supposed to be on business of the US Gov't, but turned into an awesome taxpayer funded Euro vacation complete with tickets to Wimbeldon. Then, he doctored emails to try to cover his tracks. I thoughtbemails were sacrosanct, but I guess they aren't. That money could have helped vets facing homelessness and/or PTSD.
    Scott Pruitt- EPA- This guy insisted on only flying 1st class or charter because someone in coach once told him he was terrible at his job. I thought us bleeding heart Dems were supposed to be the snowflakes. Pruitt spent $90,000 on 1st class airfare in June 2017 alone. I'll just mention his numerous flights to his home state of Oklahoma where it is rumored he is considering a run for governor. On one trip there, he billed John Q. Taxpayer almost 15,000 in charter flights in a single day. Pruitt also insisted on a soundproof phone booth be build in his office costing taxpayers $25,000. Pruit is the first EPA director to feel the need for a soundproof phone booth.

I'll stop there. I can go on later if you wish. I'll just say that I have no doubt whatsoever that history will look back on the Trump Presidency similarly to the way it looks at Grant's Presidency, one of the most corrupt and scandal-ridden administrations ever, if not THE most corrupt.

Nothing personal toward anyone. At all. Just how I see it. My views and $7 will get you a 2 cheeseburger meal at McDonald's.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

His personality is no doubt horrible but I like most of what he has done so far. I'm not high on the tariffs move but I understand it.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

No disrespect taken. Everyone is entitled to their view on this presidency.

Tenacious D likes this.
  5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think he’s appointed several ambassadors that are getting held up by congressional approval BS.

Tenacious D likes this.
  6. JayVols

Thanks.

Seriously. I appreciate it.

zehr27 likes this.
  7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I assume you huge list makers simply quit voting.

10SEvols likes this.
  8. JayVols

I'm not sure the number that are held up by a Republican Senate, but it looks like there's a rather good sized number with no appointments or people submitted for appointment.

http://www.afsa.org/appointments-donald-j-trump

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Of course. What’s a vote going to do?

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2018
  11. JayVols

Nope. I never miss an election. If the office of dogcatcher was the only thing on the ballot, I'd still go vote.

Again, I mean no disrespect to anyone with my reply. I hope you know that what I say is the truth.

An accounting of what Norris didn't like was asked for. He answered it. I offered my views even though it wasn't addressed to me. I sincerely apologize if I was wrong or aggravated anyone by doing that. Really wasn't my intention.

12. JayVols

I knew a minority party could delay. Not saying it's right, but given the fact that a SCOTUS justice was delayed for a year, I wouldn't choose to die on the obstruction of appointments hill. But that's just me. In the end, it all ends up depending on if the "ox" one identifies with is gored or not whether one agrees or disagrees with the obstruction.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You have a very bizarre definition of dying on a hill.

14. JayVols

You're not the first person to tell me I'm odd. I suspect you won't be the last either.

15. NorrisAlan

That would be a faulty assumption.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Then stop with ignoring the remainder of the alternatives.

17. NorrisAlan

Just so I don't start talking about something you are not saying, will you explain what "ignoring the remainder of the alternatives" means?

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Re: Zinke's doors-

The building falls under the National Historic Preservation Act, and must meet certain standards/guidelines. Zinke didn't request a 139,000 dollar door.

19. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

What’s a $139,000 historic door look like?

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Depends on the material and the style of door.

I've put in a few $30,000+ doors due to historic zoning requirements