President Trump to Meet Un

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Mar 8, 2018.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

God help us all if we elect Oprah after electing Trump. America will have officially entered the "we are too stupid to stay a world power" era.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Honestly, other than the steel tariff, I've not had too many problems with Trump's Presidential decisions (TBD on what repealing the individual mandate by itself does). Now, his persona, that's a different story, and I do think it's led to more unneeded headaches for him, and may cause more issued after the 18 elections with the number of established people getting out.

If you think you know how this meeting is going to work out, just stop. If there's anything we should have learned by this point, it's quit trying to guess how something like this will work.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I have a lot of issues with Trump's Presidency, and not just his godawful personality.

Meeting with Un is not one of them, though. Dialogue is important, and we cannot 'validate' Un and NK anymore than they already are by merely talking about them. Un is the legitimate leader of that State, and thus if we want anything done, we have to deal with him.

I am not sure Trump is the guy to do it, but hell, crazy knows crazy, so they may get along just fine.

And I have completely given up trying to predict anything when it comes to Trump. The guy has proven my predictions wrong time and time again.

10SEvols and JayVols like this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

You validate the holding of people. You absolutely do. They become leverage in talks, rather than being frees first

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

We also send a loud message that we will talk to anyone no matter what they do if they have a nuke. This is the same mistake as negotiating with terrorist demands while gaining nothing in the act of doing so.

But whatever. We are all amateurs, and so is he. Anything goes. Anything could happen.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Exactly, as well as your earlier post. The idea that Un is at the bargaining table for peace is silly and naïve. Un and North Korea view this as the U.S, acquiescing to a new nuclear power being driven to the bargaining table. It's a major propaganda victory in their eyes. They are now an equal, being taken as a serious world power. I'm sure the meeting will result in some kind of "deal", which will be trumpeted as a major advancement towards peace, but we've just handed them legitimacy and recognition this country and government has been craving from the international community for decades. It's why they pull the shit they do, to be relevant and considered among the big boys.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

From what sanders said today, I don't think this meeting happens. They apparently did set some conditions now, which is good.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Nah. Russia & Trump's bff, Putin, is all over that like a duck on a June bug.

9. JayVols

Putin going to give him polonium to slip in his tea or hit him with some nerve agent?

Trump would be better at setting Un up with hookers & blow, imho. He's got a wealth of experience on those fronts.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Good, there's no reason to meet with them as equals without concessions on their part.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Puttin shits on the World and the World does nothing. Invades Ukraine, shoots down a commercial airliner, aids Assads use of chemical weapons on Syrian civilians, assassinates a former spy in the UK, attempted assassination of a former spy and his daughter in the UK, hacks us, disseminates misinformation, etc.

When does someone bloody his nose?!?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

You can't. Which is why NK wants better missiles for nukes, Iran wants nukes, and why Israel and Saudi Arabia secretly have nukes (speculation on my part).

13. JayVols

Good question.

14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Israel's nukes are the worst kept secret in the world. I haven't seen anything to make me believe the Saudis have them.

15. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

What about Dennis Rodman?

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

No need to speculate on one of those.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Putin is offering to host. Gee.

18. JayVols

Hahahahaha.

You gotta be kidding.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Wrestlemania, IMO

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Curious, what are all the issues you have so far?