Presidents vs Kings: Battle Royale

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Feb 11, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

http://www.reddit.com/r/whowouldwin...esident_of_the_united_states_vs_every/cf91sbd

We should do writing prompts like this here.

2. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I actually wasted the time to read the whole thing. I figured as awful as it was there had to be something funny, clever, or insightful at the end. Nope.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Pharoahs vs. Greek Senators would be better.

4. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Genghis Khan vs the world

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Also, no Andrew Jackson?

6. Joseph Brant

Joe vs the Volcano.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Back in high school one of our teachers put together a 64 person "greatest leader of all time" tournament. Each participant was assigned a leader and it was seeded like the tournament with the more accomplished, well known leaders taking the top seeds and the less accomplished taking the lower. Each person researched his or her leader, and then they would enter head to head debates where they would argue for why their leader was the greater of the two. At the end of each debate, the audience would vote on the winner. I think some dude with Catherine the Great ended up winning it all over Alexander the Great. It was fun to watch.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

He must have been quite the magician with words to win with Catherine the Great.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He had a much better grasp on her history. The tournament was based on all elements of leadership, not just military and conquering power. I think the Alexander the Great guy expected he could win without knowing his person very well just based on his military accomplishments.

10. Unimane

What was wrong with the people who had Genghis Khan, Julius Caesar, Napoleon and Hannibal?

11. Joseph Brant

Might say Peter was much more important to Russia than Catherine.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Oh I know. I only went to the final debate. The class that did it was a year or two behind me, and I didn't feel like wasting my free period every other day to go watch. Probably would have been worth it, though I doubt it would be overly informative with high school students doing it. Would be much better in college, methinks.

13. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

I'll throw out one of my favorites because he never gets any love, Belisarius.

14. Unimane

Not often do I have to google a historical figure, so kudos to you on that. Good to see some affection for the Byzantines. It always drives me crazy someone starts spouting off about the decline of the Roman Empire, totally ignoring the fact that they just moved to the east, away from the decaying city of Rome.