Proof Butch Jones Sucks

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Dec 1, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

He's being facetious. It is a little [itch bay]ier tact than we are used to in this esteemed and manly place.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Guilty.

3. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

If you need proof Butch sucks then all you had to do was point to the UF game

4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Yes?

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

droski raises an interesting idea. Can we see 2012 numbers as well?

6. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

It's how you gain new skills and level up, duh

7. chavisut

Is it? He took a younger, less experienced team consisting of a majority of his recruits and improved from year one to two.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Can we get the mushrooms and get bigger too?

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

why give credit to improvement over his own metrics? basically that implies that the worse he did in 2012 the better job he did in 2013. that's strange logic to me.

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

And he stole that phrase (changing only a preposition) from Batman....

2:35

[video=youtube;b451KPji--E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b451KPji--E[/video]

11. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I admire your fight...you're greatly outnumbered though.

12. chavisut

How else does one measure improvement from year to year?

13. chavisut

Offense scored a billion points, defense gave up a billion points.

SOS was 24th.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I ride with Chavis

Nobody is saying we've got the next General. Nobody here, anyway. But it's my opinion that this past season was better than the previous one.

Not perfect, maybe not as good as it could've/should've been.

But I don't see how you come to any other conclusion based on any metric.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Who is arguing that 5-7 is greater than 6-6?

16. chavisut

Doesn't bother me. On TOOS I'm a negavol and here I'm a sunshine pumper. I personally think I'm fairly objective. I can not be a fan of the staff and point out the fact that they did indeed improve from year one to two. Pointing out they did it with mostly young players of their own recruiting is simply the truth.

I have never said Butch was a great coach and I've wanted the OC gone since last year. I don't think this current staff can win championships here based on coaching.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I watch football games and look for improvements. Yes, we were better than last year despite being extremely young, but in case you missed it, that youth is extremely talented.

A lot of things still worry me about Butch. We never call a good play coming out of timeouts. He's an awful clock manager and calls timeouts at such absurd moments. Our offensive playcalling is abysmal. He either refuses to adjust his system to his players, or he just doesn't know how. I can go on.

Also, how much of our improvements this year resulted from the East sucking more than ever?

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

This is true. Folks claim to have him on ignore over there for being too negative.

19. chavisut

All valid. Regarding the talented youth, he recruited them and there was some coaching involved, contrary to popular belief.

I don't think Jancek is all that great. Stripling is good and Thig is adequate considering he's primarily here for recruiting. Martinez is so so.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Are there people out there saying we've shown no improvement? Sure seems like it to me.