Proof Butch Jones Sucks

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Dec 1, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

We are one 4th quarter end of game stand against a wretched Vandy better than last year. That is a very small degree of tangible improvement.

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Defense improved, offense improved, coverage units improved, kicking game improved.

Every unit on defense improved. Offensively we're still a mess.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

meh. I'm not excusing it, but it happens. it has happened to better Tennessee teams. it's more likely to happen to a team that isn't that great itself.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Crazy.

01 team nearly got beat by a wretched 2-9 Kentucky team. Trailed 21-0 at one point.

98 team nearly got derailed by a 3-8 Auburn team.

And then there's the 95-97 Vandy games. Yeah.

5. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Offense should improve next year.

WRs and OL have been a massive let down this year.

6. CardinalVol

It'll be nice to actually be building a little bit of depth on defense next year too, especially up front.

If somehow, someway the OL can improve, there's potential.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The one good thing is surely, SURELY, they know that they've gotta fix it.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

How many sacks this season? Over 40?

9. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Is it that high of a priority?

Last year was a loaded oline and it seems the philosophy is just get in the way.

The horseshit motion seems to be the priority to get the defense out of place.

10. CardinalVol

I think it was 35, which was still more than the 2001 team, which I'm still having trouble really believing.

11. punkcat

punkcat Member

By looking at the chart, I believe it shows UT played a ton of freshman. Dorky enough.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Try to follow the conversation thread.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We've shown improvement, as well as regression. The most recent game certainly wasn't any better football than was played in 2013.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You mean kicking game better than last year or better than it was in August?

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Both, imho.

16. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

If Jones doesn't = Neyland over there your a nega/hate everything orangevol.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not really seeing it. Medley has been a nice surprise, but Darr is a roll of the dice whether or not he will totally suck. We had as good of kicking and punting last year as we've seen in a decade.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think Darr was more consistently good in the last 2 or 3 games.

Return games were better once Evan Berry was finally inserted, and once Sutton finally got a couple of chances.

I never felt like coverage units were a disaster waiting to happen, either

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

You can actually even get in trouble for being a sunshine pumper over there: for setting expectations unrealistically high. Anything that might, in the future, invite criticism of the coach when he fails is a big no no: Like thinking they should win 8 or 9 games next year or something outlandish like that.

Only safe thing to be over there is satisfied with suck. Because suck doesn't really suck. We just beat Vandy man and are going to a bowl. Be happy. What more do you want? Maybe, if Butch does work, it will happen again next year!

20. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I overstepped with that one. Not improved compared to last year. Palardy was great as a senior, under the new staff.....

Darr, although inconsistent, was still better than he's ever been and Medley was money inside 40.