Pruitt's failure

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Nov 9, 2020.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don’t think Fulmer would ever hire him anyway, regardless of what Sankey says.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I believe he would have okayed Freeze as OC, but yeah, he's not going to give him the head coaching spot

zehr27 likes this.
  3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

fire Pruitt. Put fulmer as head coach and Freeze as “OC/Co head coach”

we missed out by letting Kiffin go to Ole Miss instead of hiring him back.

I was really pulling for Pruitt and it sucks that it doesn’t look like he’s the guy.

the offense is what it is but the defense has no excuse for being this bad.

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

he can put his money where his mouth is and significantly reduce his buyout, or he can continue to embarrass himself on national television every week.

Memtownvol likes this.
  5. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

William Wade and Bruce Pearl coach in this conference. Would be bullshit to not allow Freeze.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Kentucky has had a 10 win season, and they’re 2-2 against us in their last 4.

7. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Excellent point.

8. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

The Tosh Lupoi rumors are starting to hear up. I think Weinke and Friend are out at the end of the season

Memtownvol likes this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pruitt could raid Muschamp's staff, get Eric Wolford and Dan Werner. I want Herb Hand or Robbie Caldwell

Memtownvol likes this.
  10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

Lexvol likes this.
  11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

stfu

A-Smith likes this.
  12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

And their 10-win season included a double-digit loss to their rival who went 5-7, so pretty much us and Florida.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Hard to believe he’s leaving an nfl job mid season. He also will be expecting a dc co head coach job and over $1 mil a year. Also rumors he went to the nfl to avoid a show cause

14. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

We all know I have nothing solid to offer unless something goes down at The Woodlands. But just from a macro view, he was willing to lose some games along the way limping to his recruiting payday. Not saying he wanted to lose but he wasn’t desperate to win ever single one. And quite frankly we have lost so much that it’s just the norm. I think it infects the program and it’s hard to shake.

sure you can analyze this or that coaching hire but the losing and not landing or making a true DT QB early is the difference to me. Then we had a few ego killing losses and the here we go again set in. So get a 4th down gambler with a DT QB and set the tone for winning. We lose because we are losers. But we lose to teams with inferior talent. Pruitt just thought he could build for the long term and short term was no big deal. It shows he wasn’t hc ready.

so his biggest mistake was taking the job

15. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

God bless you

CardinalVol likes this.
  16. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

They had 3 top 25 wins, including 2 top 15 wins. Last time UT had 2 top 15 wins in the same season was 2007 - which was also our last 10 win season.

Because we are Kentucky now. Except worse.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Saban didn't have much of a dynamic offense until Kiffin came in and worked with Blake Simms, even with Julio.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He will get a co-DC job and 1 million at UT if he wants it.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

my understanding is he doesn't want to be a co dc and being a in name only DC even though he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.