Pruitt's strategy

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Dec 13, 2017.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He looks like he's going the Bob Stoops route. He's going after two JUCO olinemen, a JUCO TE, a JUCO cb and a JUCO rb. He's also trying to get a grad transfer olineman from Cal

He's attempting to get immediate help and win now, not [itch bay] about what was left him.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Good. Butch had me conditioned to just write off year 2 especially, which is really stupid on my part. There's 2 classes to plug holes

CD12 likes this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's also being honest with guys that don't fit what he's doing and turning them loose immediately. It's not a fun thing to do, but he's giving them time to find somewhere to land

NashVol11, Poppa T and CD12 like this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's an undervalued form of respect. Some coaches just "fade" and assume they'll take the hint. But they are 17 and 18 years old going through a once a lifetime process for them. They deserve communication.

Memtownvol, Volnbama, Poppa T and 2 others like this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Van Jefferson may end up at UT. Would come in and start at WR next year with already SEC experience.

Memtownvol likes this.
  6. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Our WR if JJ comes back is above average anyway.

7. Ssmiff

if it ends up being a team vote on JJ, i'm not sure they let him back

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Seriously?

9. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

He abandoned the team all season.

10. Ssmiff

All the team appeared to grow tired of Butch as a group, but they stayed. JJ kept getting in trouble and getting multiple chances, then got hurt and didn't stay to help them battle. If he would have stuck around the program like a student athlete and teammate, it would be a no brainer.
    --Team captain bailed on us JG. Disappeared when we are having our toughest times of our football careers possibly coming to an end. You want him back?

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Wut?

12. Ssmiff

a bunch of OL. Looks like no more small guys though. First order of business for Pruitt appears to be get bigger quickly, all over the field.

reVOLt likes this.
  13. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Dwayne Wallace I think is his name. Dismissed back in the summer.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

NYY just had a spasm

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dwayne Wallace

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Todd Kelly Jr didn't hang around either.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If the head coach tells you you're selfish for thinking about declaring for the draft and tells you to stay away, you stay away. JJ did what Butch told him to do, he was back as soon as Butch was fired.

lylsmorr and IP like this.
  18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I was listening to Rick Trickett about OL , and another coached asked if he liked talented smaller OL guys. His exact words was [uck fay] talented small linemen. They get beat every damn time by talented big linemen.

The joys of getting to recruit.

19. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

He was on the sidelines for the games

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Sometimes