Pruitt's strategy

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Dec 13, 2017.

1. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

Bray was offered before his senior year of HS football.

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

He was also committed to San Diego State.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The Shrout guy that was offered didn't play but one game before his senior year, I can understand his not having many offers at all.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, that's probably wishful thinking on Tennessee fans' part. If it were to happen, the NCAA would be investigating immediately

5. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

"Nobody outspends Clemson, something is up here."

6. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

Just checked out his thread and the link you posted there. After reading the article I can see the similarities between him and Pruitt. Shrout will most likely be a Vol.

justingroves likes this.
  7. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Yeah, hearing a bro-type QB from Cali talk and a hard-nosed country boy DB from Alabama talk... the similarities are endless.

8. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

Just diamonds in the rough, sticking it out until they get there chance.

justingroves likes this.
  9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he's all we have so i'm worried about it. he has nfl size and an nfl arm, but the rest hasn't materialized enough to get major offers. he apparently looked amazing at some camp over the summer, but that's it.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i wouldn't bet on it.

11. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Mount up.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

*they

13. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

I was being sarcastic but not really either.

14. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

They're, there. I'll fix it in the morning.

15. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Aight

snoball5278 and 10SEvols like this.
  16. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

So in other words, every year. Because, recruiting is kind of important to winning, some would argue it is the most important aspect of college ball.

17. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

Yep, but what good is it if they don't pan out on Saturday. Coaching is better than recruiting imo. Stanford and Michigan State have done more with less.

18. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Some would argue?

It's one thing to take a Boise State type program where you have maybe 1 serious game and pump up your team to do well.

To do it well week-in-week-out requires significant talent and depth.

Saban is a great coach but his recruiting is a cornerstone to his success. If he recruited like Dooley/Jones he wouldn't be where he is now.

19. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

Sabans recruiting is a result of his coaching.

20. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

You have a point with Michigan State but you're conveniently forgetting they went 3-9 last year. Mich State also feasted on a Michigan/Penn State-less Big-10 and an early in Urban's short rebuild.

Stanford though? You couldn't be more wrong. Stanford had the #14 class last year and #16 class before that. That #14 class had 14 players, 3 of which were 5* and had the 3rd highest average player rating in the country. They get quality that fits their system, not bulk orders like what Butch used to cover up his lack of recruiting ability.

Average coaches will go further with elite talent than elite coaches will with average talent.