PS4 Announced

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by govols182, Feb 20, 2013.

1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Holiday 2013

2. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Watch Dogs will be a launch title and looks absolutely epic. The announcement that was streamed tonight had some pretty interesting things but still don't know price. I think I'm sold as long as its under 600. Really liked the feature that will allow you to watch live games of other people can even take over playing for then if you have that game.

3. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Is the $400 price tag just talk at the moment? I'm pretty floored that there's discussion of it being that low. I could give two craps about the social networking features that they added, but some of the other stuff that was announced sounds pretty interesting......especially the ability to watch others play live, considering that several in our dynasty (myself included) have wanted that feature for awhile.

Still not entirely sure which way I'm going for the next generation, but I thought Sony's press conference today was pretty impressive overall. If Microsoft comes out and announces that the next Xbox won't played used games, then I'm not sure I'll even consider buying.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  4. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

yeah I think the 400 price mark is just speculation right now. Probably wont know for sure until the xbox is actually announced. The ability to watch your friends games is one of the features that I think will set the PS4 apart from the xbox. Was pretty impressed at some of the games shown by Sony. Really want to see the sports titles but the launch ones will probably be bare bones like they were with the past gen releases......with exception to the Show.

5. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Controllers look fragile

6. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

That's typical for the PS systems though. The controllers are made for baby hands.

7. WM

WM Active Member

So when is Xbox going to reveal?

8. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

I wanna use an iPad with the ps4.

9. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I think there're fine if you don't play the Xbox much. I was referring to then being fragile because of the new screen on the controllers

10. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Not sure if they have said......I would imagine around e3 time

11. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I think that the PS4 will be a cloud based gaming system from all that I've heard. If so, no used games will be available to play on it either.

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

They're make a push into cloud gaming but you'll still have physical discs and be able to play used games. It seems that the backwards compatibility for PS3, 2, and 1 games will be handled through streaming. Will be curious to see how well that pans out.

13. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Negative

14. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

15. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I agree. The Xbox is a much more natural fit.

16. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I laughed

[video=youtube;0rJDn0jRnUQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rJDn0jRnUQ&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

17. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

18. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Really hope that Sony doesn't follow suit with the DRM stuff and the game rental killing that MS is doing.

19. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Xbox isn't going to be DRM I don't believe.

20. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Link? All indications that it still is.