PS4 Announced

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by govols182, Feb 20, 2013.

1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

One of the creators said on twitter about a day after the press conference it wasn't drm.

2. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Have you been living under a rock? J/k, but yeah it will have DRM

3. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

4. WM

WM Active Member

I'm on the fence y'all.

5. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Xbox1 officially announced as DRM. You have to have a game on wifi connection for 24 hours before you can play it offline. Also lookin like red box and game fly are about to lose a ton of business from the game license thing that xbox1 will have.

6. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Well I was a huge PS1/PS2 fan back in the day and played the heck out of Socom II/III online so it will be nice going back to Sony... Just wish they'd change the controller.

7. VB

VB Member

So what's the whole gift thing? Do you still have the ability to play the game or is that you relinquishing your ability to play it?

This whole thing is a cluster ****

8. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

No. Once you gift it you lose the license on your console. Hence why it must always be connected to play. I do think once you get it back from them you get the license back.

9. VB

VB Member

All of this shit just seems so unnecessary.

I will get the Xbox just because its what I'm used to and I hate the play station controller. Granted, we haven't heard anything from Sony about what their plans are for all this stuff.

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I've read xbox Will give renter licenses to retailers. Same way movies work with redbox, get the main content, extras are blocked.

11. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Ahh...

Also, volball, Sony has apparently changed their controller.

12. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

More than likely PS4 for me

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That's the way I'm leaning unless they go full retard at E3.

14. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

On the fence but leaning toward ps4 at the moment.

15. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

We'll find out a lot this week during E3

16. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

17. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I like the newer PS4 controller............from only looking at it of course. One of my biggest gripes with the controller in the past had been how they had convexed analog sticks instead of concaved, like the 360. Looks like they have changed that for the PS4 controller.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

PS destroys XBox.

Again.

I can't imagine what Microsoft was thinking, honestly, but it seems that their first objective was "piss off the world".

19. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Did the Xbox fail to have a focus group or something?

20. WM

WM Active Member

Horrible PR job by Microsoft but going forward the XBone seems to have the better concept for the future of console gaming honestly. Not sure if they can execute it though. All Sony did was play off the rabble of the bad press for Xbox. The idea of sharing games with your friends list and transferring rights to game titles to friends is a good thing IMO. I think the fact it's just so vague and different most people are having problems digesting it.