POLITICS Q or QAnon

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by VolDad, Aug 7, 2018.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Don't have time for all that.

2. GahLee

Why would you bet that? I looked in to it, followed some Twitter account, might even be the main account. Stopped reading the tweets after a few days. Vast majority didn't make any sense to me, seems like some weirdos looking for anything and everything.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Watching something like this spread like wildfire through the extreme fringes of the alt-right, shouldn’t surprise anyone who has been paying attention.

That it’s starting to so quickly move more toward mainstream certainly is, to say the least.

As many of you well know, I love crazy-assed crockpot shit as much as anyone who also doesn’t easily trust the government’s methods and motives, and who hates globalists...but even I can’t understand this.

It could literally be a 20-year old kid. Or a Russian bot. Or a 20-year old Russian bot.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I doubt its russian. I think it is domestic and from the left.

tvolsfan likes this.
  5. Tenacious D

Vice offers a good run down of QANON, but this immediately leapt out at me:

As many here can attest, this is a farcical premise, based on the widespread misunderstanding that any clearance grants access to any information on a similiar or lesser classification tier, and which is nonsense.

The classification system installs a two pronged approach of both access and “need to know”.

While Departments now respect the classification of other agencies (so the Navy accepts DOE / State Dept. / FBI clearances, etc.), that still doesn’t afford cart blanch access to any intelligence amongst - or even within - those departments, even if a person possesses the requisite classification, as they would still require a verifiable “Need to Know”. Simply, not only couldn’t I have taken my Navy clearance to the CIA and asked to see intelligence data, I couldn’t have used it to see any classified information that the Navy possessed, absent a need to know.

Perhaps more curiously, if the person behind QAnon knew anything...they’d be purporting themselves to be Yankee White (YW) instead. While not an official level of clearance (Q is the highest)...it is unofficially used and known to be reserved for those with a Q clearance AND who work directly for the POTUS.

A YW would be much more likely to know the things that QANON claims to have access to and know...due to their access to the convergence and coalescence of all classified info at that level.

Conversely, I’d almost guarantee that everyone on this board isn’t too far removed (maybe 1-3 circles of acquaintances, if that) from someone with a Q clearance.

Link: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/ywex8v/what-is-qanon-conspiracy-theory

6. Tenacious D

That’s as good of a guess as any.

Would be a troll job of absolutely epic proportions.

As I’m typing this...I can’t help but wondering if it is a troll job, how quickly it likely lost its humor, as the person behind it was further introduced to those who actually believe what s/he claims. I wouldn’t want to interact with that group, believing it to be legit unsafe.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This is the same thing that happened under Obama when he was using Walmart as staging areas to enact Martial Law and become dictator-for-life.

It is all stupid shit that reinforces what people already believe, thus they find it makes more sense than reality.

I, too, think it is some joke being played by a leftist prankster.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well I think the originator has no control now. Others have hijacked it. And ya, I bet it isn't funny at all anymore

NorrisAlan likes this.
  9. NorrisAlan

It is the interesting little virus that got out and is now making zombies.

JayVols likes this.
  10. Tenacious D

Also from Vice:

Operating on the safe and well-proven assumption that both Parties are each bumblingly near-sighted, nefarious, and almost completely incapable of collective reasoning - much less morality - but capable of almost anything....I do think it’s very likely that Mueller finds and sheds an unwanted light on shenanigans from both sides.

But to believe Trump orchestrated this independent investigation is to believe that he and Comey not only colluded to bring it about, but that Comey must have then agreed to his own firing, as the first step in the plan.

IP likes this.
  11. Tenacious D

From Vice (I’m not going to keep re-linking it) on the QANON nomenclature:

You know....didn’t SCOTUS just rule on a BAKER who refused (#resist) to make a cake for The Gays?!

Maybe there’s something here, after all....I’m scared.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Mueller is absolutely pursuing some dems who have had some wrongdoing come to light during this investigation. As it turns out, politics are dirty and we don't hold these people to account enough

JayVols likes this.
  13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

An addendum though on need to know is on briefings.

Those who store and control classified information, your Snowdens and Mannings of the world, don’t have need to know, but do have access.

Tenacious D likes this.
  14. Tenacious D

True and fair.

15. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Nailed it.

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

That's as sure thing of a bet as using Biff's Sports Almanac book from Back to the Future II.

17. GahLee

Dumb. But it will play well within the vacuum that this site has become. So kudos.

18. GahLee

Wrong. This notion I wear a tin foil because I'm interested enough to look past headlines is ridiculous. You losers float the pizzagate shit as if I was standing on a soapbox on street corners. I'm willing to entertain the thought of anything. You only see what you want. Therefore you are blind.

19. GahLee

I'm done here. Admin just delete my profile. Enjoy your echo chamber.

20. NorrisAlan

I find this site to be far from a vacuum. It has people from several different political camps, different ideologies, different geographical locations, backgrounds and religious persuasion.