Quaden Bayles

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Unimane, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

How many have seen the video of the Australian 9 year old boy, who is a dwarf, having a break down in his mother's car after school? It seems as if he had been constantly bullied, teased for his condition to the point where he's threatening harm to himself. The video will break your heart, if you have any kind of soul. I think I'm particularly affected because I have an 8 year old son myself, the most sensitive of all my kids, too.

Now, the problems begin here as I also think the mom is being a bit exploitative video taping her son fall apart in a very serious manner. Worse, once the internet got a hold of the story, we have the initial outpouring of sympathy for the kid, replete with gofundme donations to send the boy to Disneyworld and celebrity support videos, but then the backlash started. Sadly, there was this collection of people who "find" a social media account claiming he's 18 and scamming for money. Fortunately, there's evidence he really is 9. I worry if the horde of people who believe he's scamming will make his situation even more miserable.

In any event, like I said, I found myself profoundly affected by this kid falling apart in such a way and the idea he's suicidal at only 9 from a torrent of abuse. Plus, I wonder how the new attention will affect him in a day and age where his video caused the phrase "Tyrion Lannister" to trend on Twitter for a day.

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Just the initial picture is heartbreaking enough. Can't bring myself to watch the actual video.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

There are people and places for kids with various isssues. Programs in schools and colleges. Bullies will always be around and karma will get them at some point, in this life or after, but there is hope. I've seen it, been around it, and when these kids are able to hang with other kids with various disabilities in a specific program, they can thrive and reach heights they never imagined. Gotta go find it though and some don't have the means or time to try, even though they could make it happen