Quarterback coaching candidates

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tmac61, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Turn off radio. Roll down window.

2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Turn on Tony B

3. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

If DeBord can teach a kid at Michigan to figure skate, I see no reason why he can't coach quarterbacks.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I was just bragging to my father in-law this weekend about that smoked balogna. Great stuff!

5. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

It was indeed good. Hated I didn't get to meet you. Had a first timer with me and left early so he could take in the Vol Walk and band march. It was all great except the end result in the game obviously.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Great thing on the resume to be on this staff, since Dobbs has to be on skates with this ridiculous playcalling.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Definitely. I was hoping to meet you as well but completely understand having to take a first timer to some of the key events.

8. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

Keep the former players close enough, but not too close.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is dumb, but: I have a new optometrist. He worships Peyton Manning, and has been on the periphery of some charity stuff that Manning has (very quietly) been a part of. He seemed to think there was no way Manning was NOT going back to Tennessee in some capacity after this season. He says this being totally ignorant of UT, Jones, etc. Just purely from his interactions with Manning.

Stupid, I know. But there's that.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I just want to know if there's any possibility, no matter how small, of Bart Starr coming back to coach QBs under Butch. He and Debord are peers, after all.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He'll be heavily involved whenever he wants to be.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I think there is an outside chance he's crazy enough that he won't be able to just relax in retirement and this will be his outlet.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

There is zero chance he just goes into retirement somewhere and raises squash or something. He will be in football one way or the other, TV or coaching or GM.

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Holding hands with Gruden, where is going to be the big question.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Closer than a lot of insider info you hear.

16. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Manning will put a group together, buy the Titans and hire Jon Gruden to replace Ken Whisenhunt.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well it was a conversational sort of exchange, and he agreed that Butch Jones might not be the sort of guy he'd want to enter into coaching with. But then who knows, Manning was lobbying for Jones to get the CU job that same year he came to Tennessee.

The only real fact that he had to offer was that Manning loves and is loyal to Tennessee. Period. It isn't an act.