Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

For anyone with Bama on the schedule next year, it would be cost effective to pick off anything left on the bone here. Seriously, pay Milroe to just go anywhere.

2. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

They just claim it wasn't their fault when they do lose.

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Everybody’s out to get Nick Saban. So much so that they rigged their own playoff and screwed an undefeated P5 conference champion in order to include him.

Memtownvol, NorrisAlan and Poppa T like this.
  4. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

I’m I the only one that thinks there is a small part of Saban that is enjoying the mass exodus? I mean how successful does Saban want Deboer to be? Does that not tarnish his legacy a little if Deboer picks up where he left off?

justingroves and Memtownvol like this.
  5. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

The thought processes of some bammers was expected. They are [uck fay]ing idiots.

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

This all just makes Saban look that much more irreplaceable. He loves it.

I love it also.

justingroves and Memtownvol like this.
  7. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

The fact that they lost made it even better.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

“Don’t you worry Malachi. Nothing is gonna change except none of these dudes have coached in the sec before which doesn’t really compare to all these rings. I’m gonna be right up there in that office from time to time if you need anything. And don’t tell coach Kalen when you do. There’s my way, the Bama way, and the Deboer way and we are gonna find the right mix to make it happen.”

9. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

I’m still surprised Deboer took the job. I thought he was smarter than that. It’s an absolute no win situation.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Even a guy with a big iq sometimes has an even bigger ego.

Memtownvol and OneForVol like this.
  11. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

See Bold. Win - Saban's system is forever.
    Lose - They did not follow Saban's system or it is NCAA's fault.

12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Might’ve simply been a case of cashing out while his stock was at its peak.

They won a lot of close, 1-possession games this year.

Next year he’s @ Oregon, @ Penn State, @ Iowa, he’s got Michigan, Southern Cal, UCLA…and all without Penix.

This might be the biggest offer he’d ever have. Remember how coveted Matt Campbell was a few years ago…

13. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I am not. The reward is worth the risk. Who turns down $10M/year and a [uck fay]-you payout if you "fail"?

Worst case, he moves home, buys South Dakota and enjoys his life. Winning may be a bigger penalty ... he has to live with the bammers.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yeah we would all go do it for the money and deal with it all for a couple of years. Would be fun.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Washington has now lost their entire starting offense from the 23 season through graduation, leaving, or transfer.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

They are going to make the season TCU had after going to the NC seem respectable.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  17. CardinalVol

Fisch did an admirable job at Arizona, but if he pulls out 7+ wins next year he needs to be #1 on every program's coach board for the next cycle.

utvol0427 likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Luckily, they are going to the Big 10. That gives them a puncher's chance even with no offense.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yeah, but the no defense part will also hurt them a bit.

20. CardinalVol