Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Texas is a hard place to develop talent.

You’re basically getting a finished product from the top end recruits their due to the money and the seriousness of high school ball.

Most of the big high schools in Texas provide food services to their athletes year round. So you don’t see that huge jump from other talent rich areas that don’t have the same resources

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

browning wasn’t that great of a qb. Middling really. Defense is what made those uw teams

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Another remember how bad Larry scott was at his job

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Texas is a huge product. We can talk about the overratedness all we want (and I do), but from a $$$$$ standpoint it's a no brainer.

You add them and OU to the SEC and it drives the $$$$ asked for way up as I guess there is a renegotiating aspect to our deal with ESPN.

Only question I will have is who will the next 4-8 teams be and how long until the conference turns it's eyes north.

zehr27 likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

who would be worth getting up north that isn't in the big 10? or do you think we start poaching big 10?

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Only thing that would make going north worthwhile is if we grab everyone and tell Ohio St and Notre Dame to [uck fay] off .

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

didn't know that. sounds expensive, but I guess boosters gonna boost.

8. CardinalVol

Poaching.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

oh man, that would be bad news. add any one of the top 4 or 5 big 10 teams to the SEC and the red river rivalry, and the gap between that super conference and the rest of the P5 looms larger than the gap between current P5 and non P5 conferences. other super conferences would have to form. Or fall wayyy behind

10. CardinalVol

Becoming really clear that A&M is scared of Texas.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

They want to sell to Texas kids that you get to play in the SEC if you come here.

IP likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

yes. that is the biggest barrier for texas. as it would work for UF/FSU.

13. CardinalVol

It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay deeper than that.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

go on

15. CardinalVol

They just realize where they stand if they are on equal footing, and they know they are going to be second. They know they will be pushed around and they want nothing to do with it.

As for FSU/Miami/Ga Tech/Clemson standpoint, you could let all 4 in and it wouldn't change recruiting landscape at all at this point.

zehr27 likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

well tamu are a bunch of [itch bay]es, then. can they veto?

17. CardinalVol

It requires 11 votes to extend invites (greater than 75%) according to bylaws.

A&M is a no. So is Mizzou. Would two more say no? Heck if I know.

I will also say these two schools are of much greater value to conference as a whole than A&M and Mizzou, so I'd not put up too much of a fight.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He won't stay there long enough to make a difference. Texas makes Tennessee's administration look competent

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Texas talent tends to be coddled vaginas

InVolNerable likes this.
  20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The entire state is made up of [ussies pay]

InVolNerable and 10SEvols like this.