Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Orgeron gone at the end of the season.

2. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Not surprised.

Now we need to get O in the booth calling games.

4. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Even if they had already decided to move on, it’s still pretty low rent by LSU to announce that the day after a big win over Florida.

If I’m O, I’m walking today.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

it appears to be a mutual divorce so he may be 100% fine with the announcement. he's coaching for his next gig, LSU can go ahead and start their search. this should be more common, honestly, if a coach is a professional and the AD is professional.

6. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

This. I’ve gotten past O’s phone calls to recruits on the way out from Knoxville (but Kiffin can still EABOD) and I bet a plate of crawfish etouffé he doesn’t last through November. His pride/ego seems too strong to just be cool with being a lame duck coach.

7. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I’m assuming his next gig is working for Lane again

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's probably [uck fay]ing everything in Louisiana while he collects his buyout

9. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

LSU fires O

LSU hires Kiffin away from Ole Miss

Kiffin hires O back

LSU has to pay O a HC salary to be an assistant

10. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Lost in the fracas of yesterday: Hugh Freeze lost to ULM as a 31 point favorite.

justingroves and lylsmorr like this.
  11. HCKevinSteele

Terry Bowden making hay in the year of our lord 2021. Just wild. I respect the hustle.

justingroves likes this.
  12. HCKevinSteele

Just saw where Thamel suggested a reasonable punishment for Tennessee would be for Neyland to be empty for the next game, all tickets refunded.

I’m not capable of fully expressing how little respect I have for that tiny fraction of a man.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm open to discussions of reasonable punishments for professional agitators who think what transpired was something unique or worse than locker room child rape, murder, or even arborcide.

Memtownvol likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

to be clear, any individual who threw something onto the field ought to be identified and suitably punished with a ban or even assault charges where applicable. but there is no reason in punishing the several 10's of thousands who did nothing of the sort. anyone who disagrees should go ahead and identify the threshold of bad actors needed that justifies punishing innocent people, and then be held to that standard themselves.

this is middle school lunch room justice logic and it's cancerous.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

my parents were at the game. they left when the call was changed from first down to short by a guy 20 yards behind the line of gain. Why should they be banned? this is personal to me.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It is the Story-du-Jour and will go away come this Saturday. Once again, the 24/7/365 news machine is showing why it is a bad thing.

Memtownvol and Ssmiff like this.
  17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

How can you ban someone from something you don't own?

It's our stadium, and Tennessee should take no time in telling the SEC offices to [uck fay] off if that even comes up

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

If they want to fine us 250k, like rushing the field, so be it. Anything else is bullshit.

But any time this happens going forward, that school better be fined.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

There’s not been talk of banning fans from the entire stadium by literally anybody who matters. It was just some dumb national media guy who said it in his stupid column. Calm down everyone.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm calm. When a dumb national media guy says something like that, expect it to generate a reaction on a sports forum.

InVolNerable likes this.