POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

then if I’m musk I immediately do an lbo and take Tesla private

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

A lot of teachers on the Forbes list. Asking for classroom supplies.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Correct one the gold standard. The average person could just save and not lose their wealth. You have to invest now instead of saving or the Fed and government robs your wealth, unless it's in a real asset

The flip side is that without this runaway system. You're not going to get the government that you want

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the working rich always will pay more taxes than the investor class. That being said the average teachers income tax rate is essentially zero so I’m not sure how much less you can pay than that.

5. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Speaking from 60+ years of paying federal and various state taxes, my personal middle class experience has been, the Left usually (not always) told us OUR "taxes" would go up; the Right usually (not always) would tell us THE "taxes" would go down.

In both cases, I got screwed.

CitrusCo.Vol and VolDad like this.
  6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i have multiple teacher self made millionaire clients. No joke. It is possible. Well at least in California where teachers can retire with 6 figure pensions.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Most teachers I work on have an effective rate of less than 10% once all is said and done.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I never commented on an alternative or governments. Just to be clear.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

A teacher on average is more likely to be a millionaire than a doctor too.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

The middle class pays a lower marginal tax rate today than it has ever since we really started taxing income. The rich pay essentially the same marginal tax rate they’ve paid for 50 years

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well ya okay I could see it then. My sister teaches in Murfreesboro and, uh, has a different situation

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

exactly

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The people that get squeezed the most are the working upper middle class. They get phased out of every credit imaginable. A single person making above 170K is going to start to get hammered quickly.

HCKevinSteele, Indy and Poppa T like this.
  14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i have a client who’s husband died of cancer at 55 with cancer and was a teacher and their two combined pensions pay $150k a year with cost of living increases

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

100 percent

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why do I see charts of the marginal tax rate being much higher in the 50's, 60's, and 70's?

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why doesn't every teacher move to california?

18. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

This is true. And you've never bought into the Elon hype.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

On the Tesla price, i wouldn't want to be in come 2023, because a lot of good electric vehicles hit in late 2022 and that market might start looking very different. The Ford Lightning and some others may be stiff competition. The vehicle options are going to grow faster than the market for electric vehicles

gcbvol likes this.
  20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I still think of Tesla as more of a battery company than car producer.