POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’d sell it and use the money to buy an e-tron.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Individuals pay more

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Can always rent a conventional vehicle for longer trips.

zehr27, gcbvol and IP like this.
  4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

they know the rich pay far more in taxes than the middle class, but that doesn't fit the narrative so they just make shit up.

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

A buddy was looking at the e-Tron for an electric. If the range wasn't a complete joke that's what he probably would have gone with. Also didn't help the charging network is shit for non teslas at the moment either.

6. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Lol. I rarely use cruise control. <insert "OK Boomer"?>

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

no. marginal tax rate is after all credits and deductions. i.e. musk is in the highest tax bracket which is 37 percent, but because of deductions and the fact that a lot of his income are capital gains which are taxes lower he's probably paying something closer to a 25% (or whatever) marginal tax rate on his entire income.

8. fl0at_

I'm having to get away from it, because cars have sensors that slow the vehicle down to match the speed of the vehicle in front. And they start doing it like a mjle away. I refuse to just drive in the left lane, and I don't want to slow down to the car in front me me's speed for an entire mile. I want to get over at like 500 ft. So keep my speed up til then.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Let me guess....they all use a different voltage and connector?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't like cruise control either.

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I probably wouldn’t use it for anything other than getting around town and then a combustible vehicle for longer trips.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

not in california. they can only increase it by 2% a year unless the house transfers ownership.

13. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Ok.

This is the only thing I could find that explains it the way I understand it. It does not get into capital gains.

https://www.bankrate.com/taxes/marginal-vs-effective-tax-rate/

14. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

My brother has an I-PACE and loves it, but same issue with range (235). It works for his needs, though.

15. fl0at_

Seems like that is a benefit to you vs those that are appraisal based.

16. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

My Mom and Dad got a Prius (sp?) way back in the day. They loved it. As an engineer, my Dad was intrigued.

I'll wait (if I am still allowed to drive) until they get the charging infrastructure and technology sorted out for EV.

I am still gobbsmacked that vehicles cost $50K+.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

sorry i've had a brain fart all morning. you are right. ive been saying marginal all day and meant effective. baseball playoffs are here and i can't think about other things.

Last edited: May 20, 2022
    Poppa T likes this.
  18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yes one of the few. I'd gladly go by appraised and have zero income taxes like texas though.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

[​IMG]

droski likes this.