POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Isnt that the effective tax rate? I’ve always understood marginal to mean your tax bracket (the rate at which your next earned dollars is taxed).

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yes effective. i just had a multi response brain fart.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Crickets

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You know who is right here.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Are you going to buy now that it has dipped down? If not why?

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I was driving my wife's Escalade the other day and didn't know it did that. I came up on someone and couldn't believe I wasn't on their bumper as I thought I was moving along pretty well. Looked down and realized me speed dropped and was like wtf. Wife filled me in. It did it so smoothly I had no idea. Needless to say I also am not a fan.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Shit, I love it. I don't hit the brakes from my interstate on ramp to the off ramp at my FIL's house in Kingsport.

zehr27 likes this.
  8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, that new feature has been the one downside to the new car we just got. It gives me 3 options for the distance at which it starts to slow me down, but even the closest one is still too far.

It's a pain in the ass in a lot of different situations. Wish I could just turn it off.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I already said, I am just staying away from electric vehicle stuff because things are going to potentially be very different in 2023 and I don't have a bead on any of it.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I love anything Jaguar makes. I love the look of their cars.

gcbvol likes this.
  11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Porsche allows me to change the distance of when that engages.

gcbvol and zehr27 like this.
  12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Yup, I've been on longer interstate drives and without realizing it, I look down and I'm doing the speed limit behind some mini van being driven by an old timer. Set it at 9 over, 15 minutes later doing the speed limit.

zehr27, Indy and Ssmiff like this.
  13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Unless I'm close enough to use the other car's wifi, I want it off.

zehr27 likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I don’t like it either. My car has 3 ranges. First one will slow down way too early in coast mode. I just drive without it. I haven’t looked to try and turn it off completely. I guess with so many people looking at their phones, it’s a good feature. I’d say im too aggressive of a driver for it. I don’t honk or cut people off or anything like that. Im honestly just a really good and aware driver with my plan mapped out 1/2 mile ahead if I can see. No time for auto slow downs

zehr27 likes this.
  15. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I expect cruise to control to slow down only after I've made contact with the vehicle in front of me. I hate the adaptive feature simply because of the standoff distance.

zehr27 likes this.
  16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I must be alone in my liking of it. You guys like hitting your brakes, and turning off the cruise control?

17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I don't like my car leaving 4 car lengths between me and the guy in front of me then someone merges in between us then I slow down to 4 lengths behind him. Rinse and repeat. At this point I only really use it if I'm driving over night when there's 6 other people on the interstate with me.

zehr27 and Indy like this.
  18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I've just had my second client call to sell out their account. talked them off the ledge. one of them is the best inverse indicator on the planet, so I'd buy stocks right now.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If it’s not a retirement account that would be hit. I don’t think he would be the worst move taking profits and putting it up for dry powder.

I don’t think we’re all that close to the bottom yet.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

we are definitely at worst at a short term bottom.