POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It’s just starting.

It gets really wild if you use how they calculated inflation in the 80’s before getting creative in how to try and hide it

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We will be in a recession by October

3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

A recession is 2 consecutive quarters of negative GDP. So we should know at the end of July when they release the estimate for Q2.

IP likes this.
  4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I thought it was 3. If it's 2 we are almost certain to be in a recession by July.

5. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

By cliff I mean some or all of the below:

-More severe recession vs. just barely in recession
    -Stagflation
    -Stock market rapidly dropping to pre-2020 levels
    -Consumer economy tapping out due to rising prices

I don’t mean 2008 level disaster but I do think it’s going to be bad and frankly don’t at all buy that there is a viable path to avoiding it.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

We're going off that cliff and anyone who says otherwise, I will bet.

HCKevinSteele and zehr27 like this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

This only ends when fuel/transportation costs come down. So it ends when the Ukraine Russia war ends or another large producer like Venezuela or Iran come into the global market or we diversify away from oil. Or we nationalize our oil.

Despite the rhetoric, this is external to the US in terms of production and monetary policy.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

our monetary problems and policy is the reason for the inflation not the war.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I know you think that

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Thoughts and prayers.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Seems disingenuously titled and written backwards. Dem house wants clerks included, but the article leads off with talks about how much some members pay for private security? They don't mention the reason it is getting held up (negotiating to include clerks) until the end and throw in something about "including the clerk who leaked" as if we should, what, not protect the clerk who leaked from being murdered?

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

If they would just arm the justices and their staff with a gun, I’m sure this would completely solve their issues.

utvol0427 and IP like this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

One door to their house and to the court. Ought to do it.

utvol0427 and The Dooz like this.
  16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think the clerks should also get some protection. Why did the Senate not think of this? It passed 100-0 there.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know. I want our elementary kids protected too. And you. I don't "oppose" this bill, in the current circumstances, but I do oppose how a ruling class is being created.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Not a bad point at all.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It's been happening for a long time.

20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

And the few people who oppose it are "slammed" for it. Like in this one thing here I saw posted today by someone: issa-slams-aoc-pelosi-scotus-security-bill-stall