POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Which is why there are lots of restrictions already in place to abortions after the first trimester.

justingroves likes this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's true, don't you think?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Life begins at some point, and you have determined that this is while the fetus is gestating in all gestations regardless of problems. That is your stance.

4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Good news is since they want to throw the car in reverse and get back to the good old days of 1811 they can pass a new law outlawing it and SCOTUS will shrug and say oh well.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think some people underestimate the desire of a certain portion of our population to go back to 1955, when gay was an abomination, interracial marriage was a sin and women should shut the [uck fay] up and be quiet.

It is a reaction to a changing world and one that is understandable, in a way, but we shouldn't mould our laws based around these fears. White people are seeing their hold on things vanish and it scares the [uck fay] out of them. The fear of the dark person ruling has shaped this country for a long time and it continues to this day.

We will get through this, but the next 30 years are going to be tricky to get through.

IP likes this.
  6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

800,000 is the rough estimation of Alabama population of 4 million, divided by 2 (to represent that only about half a population votes) * 0.4 to represent the 40% that voted in favor of not getting rid of it. See, I'm able to make a point, using logic, without having to actually look up actual numbers.

You want to use 546,000, I'm fine with that. It doesn't change anything, and you should understand that and somehow don't. 545,000 is still larger than 64,000.

Now, to your list:

* Sure, fallen. Unlikely less than 64,000, so still grossly a larger number
    * Sure, so that 546,000 is going to only get bigger, even if it has also reduced, because now we'll add in all the other states.
    * The percentage of the total population is a dumb question, because that 546k is only Alabama, compared to every other state, which also has its own share of racists. All of which combine to be a much larger number than 64,000.

So if 64,000 is large, the number larger than it is... larger. Regardless of whether there is a convention or not. If one is large, numbers larger are larger. In other words, the 64,000 being large or small, is irrelevant to the discussion.

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I had honestly forgotten that whole ordeal, but the issue of removing someone from life support doesn't get anywhere near the attention that abortion does when they are both "life" that we are choosing to terminate.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

At least they aren't wrong on every stance.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Overwhelmingly isn't really a number. I can get on board with some and possibly all of those reasons as justifying abortion after the first trimester. Would still like to see numbers, though.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Maybe. And if they do, the rest of the country can and would pass a Constitutional Amendment making it legal.

11. fl0at_

The forced-birth crowd is also very much against assisted suicide. Basically, unless someone kills you, you have to live.

12. fl0at_

What gives you that faith?

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Lol, so you used logic to come to an entirely wrong number that was 50% higher than the actual number, which was readily available to you on the internet. Congrats?

I want to use 546,000... because it's the actual number.

You think if you add all those numbers up, it comes out to more than 7% of the population? You're out of your mind.

And again, we only need 38 out of 50 states. That means that the only way this doesn't work is if 13 states have more people who think interracial marriage should be illegal than people who think it should be legal.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Of course. Just not sure how it impacts the conversation, unless he's going to try to make an argument that murder and causing physical harm to people should be legal because they're only viewed as wrong because religion.

15. fl0at_

Yes, it is absolutely larger than 7%. It is probably 10% of this country. With 20% of most of the southern states picking up the slack.

But you aren't having a faithful argument, because you want to jump between hard numbers and percents, when it suits you to do so.

I don't think you know how constitutional amendments work, but if the states do it, it is a convention.

It requires 2/3rds of both house, and then a ratification by the states OR the states can call a convention, where anything goes.

Stop repeating the same incorrect statement.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm not sure what "fear of the dark person" has to do with abortion, but okay.

The gay marriage piece of this is a far bigger question mark, to me.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The convention thing has never happened and won't happen.

2/3rds of House and Senate, then approval by 38/50 states (75% or greater). I understand how it works and have been extremely consistent with how I've presented it.

Saying I'm wrong and calling me names won't change that.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

33 million people in the US think interracial marriage should be outlawed? lmao

19. fl0at_

This is the first time you've included the 2/3s requirement by both houses.

You have been consistent, in leaving it out.

You want to talk about "the actual numbers," then do it. And the actual number is not just 38 states.

20. fl0at_

At least.