POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

What?! That's not "all" you said. You said "non-ideological voters care whether or not their Senator can perform basic functions like speaking and processing information" after I discussed how important the debate might be. I'm not reaching for anything. Polling on who won the debate is more informative, but races like this one don't often hinge on the debates. By the time they get there, most people have chosen their corner.

2. Unimane

Yes, no doubt you would find it "pretty cool" if this person ended up the first Muslim senator. I also didn't make any kind of claim on the matter, you did.

[​IMG]

3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

People see what they want to see. I won't guess how pa goes until the votes are in.

4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Considering the republican party has far more in common with Wahhabism than Christianity I figured they were all Muslim.

dknash likes this.
  5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea, hence me summarizing my thoughts on how his health issues will be a hindrance to his campaign for some voters. No silly, unimportant semantics please. I think undecided, independent minded voters who aren't automatically voting blue no matter what care about whether or not someone who wants to be their Senator can talk and cognitively function. And you don't. So what? We will find out soon enough.

6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

It would be very historic and cool especially considering we are just two decades removed from 9/11 and a rise of Islamophobia in American society. If Minnesota collectively decides she is the best person to represent their interests in the Senate one day, so be it. I didn't agree with Obama politically on a lot of issues, yet I thought and acknowledged it was "pretty cool" and "historic" when America elected our first black President. Pretty easy to compartmentalize and separate personal policy disagreements with obvious historical diversity achievements. Radical stuff, I know

Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
  7. Unimane

It doesn't matter what I care about, I'm not voting in the race. You simply aren't understanding your transparency nor my argument.

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I think policy positions probably matter to most of them too.

9. Unimane

Right. Your disingenuousness is still the part I most dislike. What's the point in discussing anything if we can't operate on the same level of forthright arguments?

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

You realize proclaiming I'm disingenuous doesn't mean I'm being disingenuous, right? I can't help it if you misguidedly rage-interpret my posts. Nobody is forcing you to engage with me if it somehow bothers you that much.

11. Unimane

No, your actual disingenuousness does. But, yes, thanks, I'm aware as to how contributions and interactions on message boards are volunteer based.

But, if I've misjudged your sincerity, I will offer some repentance by saving you some effort on finding a link to help with something pretty cool.
    https://secure.actblue.com/donate/i..._VwsGO3Jze7jKUInuZSzQkFmWdC8lIRYaAt0WEALw_wcB

12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Such a goofy opinion based on nothing but the caricatures you've created of others who see politics differently from you. If only you were capable of grasping how unqualified you are of being the self appointed arbiter of what is and isn't "disingenuous".

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

They is definitely a different guy.

14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

15. Unimane

I'm just pointing out your obvious Eddie Haskell bit. You think you're laying these traps, but they are just silly, and clumsy. I'm relating to you I find it annoying when people don't make straight faced arguments and, instead, try to insult people's intelligence by acting so disingenuous, simply so they can pull the metaphorical rug from underneath them. You can make of it what you will.

16. Unimane

Hell if I know, but you are always free to find a way to get her some money to keep her "pretty cool" thing going.

17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I'm "laying traps" now? This is all a plot on my end just to pull rugs, metaphorically? Jesus Christ you are such a tightly wound up clock when it comes to politics sometimes. At a certain point dissenting with you on political issues becomes a futile effort.

18. Unimane

This isn't about politics, it's about having an honest discussion. And, if we're going to talk about tightly wound up clocks, shall we discuss soulless cities of middle Tennessee again?

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

But I'm not being dishonest. You can attempt to play Minister of Truth all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that I'm bringing an honestly held point of view. What a weird thing to fixate about.

And sure. You already know I *LOVE* acknowledging the prosperity and impeccable ass that oozes from my lovely and beautiful hometown.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Politics. Bringing out the best in people for a looong time.