POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They've been replaced by the trans mafia, I thought

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don't know enough about how this stuff works to comment one way or another on the "planted" stuff, but I thought the explanation of why she had it made enough sense to where I never even questioned that she did, indeed, have it on her. Maybe she will come home and set the record straight, claiming it wasn't hers or that it was planted on her. But if she doesn't, I will definitely be scratching my head as to why the "experts" were so confident that she didn't do anything wrong.

I think most people who are irritated don't like that this particular person is getting perceived special treatment because they think it's related to her politics. She falls into the standard "other" demographic (black, lesbian, woman) that the left places at the center of all their messaging.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't you think a decade in a Russian penal colony is a bit disproportionate for residue of a marijuana substance? In Russian law, I think use/less than .5 grams is typically 15 days.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

What are you waiting for?

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We’ve gave them long range artillery and are giving them real time targets through our satellites, and systems that we can pull the plug on by not giving assistance in operating

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I would love to see a few Wart Hogs over there in action. (I do not think they have asked for any. I do believe that they have asked for Jets and we denied).

8. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I’ve known who Bout was since roughly 2011 I think. I’m sure I’m not alone.

Culture wars cope? I like you IP but this is just plain ignoring reality. Even if you only consider coverage/things said on Twitter by folks on the left there’s plenty of ammo to show it’s an absurd suggestion.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

What crime or incident do you think he is most notorious for?

I am not following on the "said on twitter by folks" thing. What are they saying? I am seeing, right here, that her being black, a woman, and gay is somehow related to why she was traded for. You tell me how that is reality, using facts. Include how Trevor Reed fits in.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Does Being the only gay black female ever to be traded for the “Merchant. Of. Deatdeathdeathdea..” in the history of the world count?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

You all brought it up first, and I am pointing out it probably never happened before, so it isn't some special priority. I mean, do you know who Trevor Reed is?

12. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I’m not playing some cat and mouse game, why would you ask about a single incident? What’s your point?

I’m not saying that’s why she was traded for either, I was speaking only of media coverage.
    After re-reading your post though I don’t know if it read as you intended or if I misread because I was focused on this part.

“Her celebrity status? Ya, I think that played a big role in the coverage. Her race, orientation, etc? No, I don't think so. That's culture wars cope.”

Her race and orientation have played a massive role in the media coverage. To deny that would be absurd. I don’t believe it was relevant to the trade though.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I want to understand the nature of the offense that you think makes him worth two people or no one. Keep in mind he was up for parole in 7 years. Include that in your calculus. You said you have known about him since 2011 so I am curious as to what it is you knew about him and what you think the ongoing threat he poses is. That's all. Not cat and mouse, it is direct to your insinuation.

Her celebrity played a massive role. Her personal characteristics less so. If she was the same person but white, nothing would be different. Same person but straight, nothing would be different. Same person but straight and white, nothing would be different ACCEPT no one would be saying it was because of her race and orientation. The implication of that claim is that no black or gay person should ever be released before a former marine. Intended or not, that is the implication of saying it is due to her race/orientation and then bringing up Whelan's veteran status. Also, it is a narrative that ignores Trevor Reed.

No one but me here seems to be aware of Trevor Reed.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I am aware of Trevor Reed. I am not sure of his importance in this conversation.

15. Ssmiff

Why people aren’t familiar with Reed? Exactly the point. Not female, black and gay. Not too many female, black and gay groups going to battle pushing the govt for his release.

16. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

The vibe here seems to be the Griner deal was all due to her celebrity/race/orientation and Whelan wasn't prioritized because he's none of those things and allegedly a Trump supporter. I believe IP's mention of Reed is to show the Biden administration has been working to bring non-basketball playing black lesbians home. There is a ridiculously stupid narrative around this Griner deal. And for the record I wanted Whelan home first and/or with Griner.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

What about "not a professional athlete?"

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

He was released before her. He is a former marine from Ft Worth, TX. He checks the boxes that people in this thread point to why Whelan would be less of a priority. It makes their entire argument meaningless on that front. Then we are left with wanting Bout to stay locked up for another 7 to 13 years even if it means Griner serves 9 for residue when under Russian law it should have been 15 days had she been charged consistently.

I'm not going to shut up about this because I know that with the facts we have, I am right.

gcbvol likes this.
  19. Ssmiff

I believe there was has been more attention to Griner due to her race/orientation, etc you mention. Absolutely. I can’t believe people are denying it. It’s certainly not a stupid narrative to discuss the very things every story and headline mention.
    Whelan may have been involved in some spy shit. I don’t know. Trump stuff was tongue in cheek. Griner traded for the Merchant of Death will never not be amusing.

20. Ssmiff

part of it too. All of it.