POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The singular sentence from the NPR article: "Ryder said similar balloon activity has been seen in the past several years and the government has taken steps to ensure no sensitive information was stolen".

What presidency is Ryder referring to there? Trump's? Obama's? Early Biden presidency? How many? There's no mention of there being three under a particular President prior to Biden taking office. Reasonable follow up questions to pose, no? Or am I being a right wing partisan for wanting to know more specifics here?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

https://apnews.com/article/politics...linken-china-b1b03193b7abeb7bbeca169bbc7c2c53

The AP has closed their minds.

3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

That's better, even though there is a lot of vagueness and zero direct quotes from named sources from these brief claims mentioned in the AP, NPR and "defenseone.com" material presented here. Have searched for Ryder quotes affirming the paragraph above no avail so far. Forgive me for noticing you sloppily didn't even read Brian Tyler Cohen's tweet before confidently posting it here as a legitimate fact a mere few minutes after openly asking yourself if claims made by Swalwell were even true in the first place. Me having the audacity to ask you legitimate follow-up questions surrounding the obvious fake news from the tweet you originally brought to the conversation was just me being a closed minded partisan hack clearly.

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

The link in the BTC tweet contains this line.

“The official said Chinese balloons briefly transited the continental United States at least three times during the prior administration.”

IP likes this.
  5. cpninja

cpninja Member

https://www.afghanistan-analysts.or...y-how-taleban-have-experienced-life-in-kabul/

Not sure how legit this org is, but this article has been making the rounds on Twitter and has some interviews from the Taliban who now run Afghanistan. Some complaints about their life in Kabul now:
    -Have to spend too much time in the office
    -Traffic sucks
    -Spend too much time on the internet
    -Rent/Cost of living is too high
    -Petty crime is out of control

Doesnt matter if it's the US, EU, China or Afghanistan. City living has the same problems across the globe lmao

justingroves and HCKevinSteele like this.
  6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Funny how these republicans that have don't tread on me all over their shit want to tell people not to have drag shows.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I'm glad Biden made the call on Wednesday to have that thing shot down as soon as it was safe. I am also very curious why we let this happen before without shooting it down. China has no business sending these types of devices into our country and should know if they do we will take care of them.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

these drag shows with kids in front row aren’t appropriate.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think it had been the military opinion to wait until it was over ocean for safety reasons. The quotes from military leadership indicated they knew what was there and were actually able to gain more information than they risked giving up by letting it linger. The difference between this one and the 3 during the Trump administration is that those ones did not linger over US air space so long and didn't cross the mainland, so normal people never noticed.

SetVol13 and NorrisAlan like this.
  10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That makes me think China was testing the waters each time to see how far they could go before we would react.

11. NorrisAlan

Says who? What about the Hatfield and McCoy show in pigeon forge with men in drag?

12. Ssmiff

says my opinion. If you want to take your 3 and 5 year old sons to front row of a drag show, go ahead. It’s inappropriate as hell. I’d never. Just as I wouldn’t take them to a strip club. There’s a time and place and that ain’t it.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's drag queens talking about how inappropriate it is for children and how sexualized the shows are.

14. NorrisAlan

Certain Republicans want to outlaw them. not leave it up to me. Yet preach Don't Treas on Me.

15. NorrisAlan

Oh, if the shows are super sexualized, I agree. But just to have a man come out in drag be all bad, I don't see it. perhaps I am over reacting here, but I detest the "leave us alone to do what we want, but don't do what you want" attitude of the far right/left.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Protecting children is a bit different but I see your point. If a parent allows it though it should be their business and left at that.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Alright, so can we protect children from being taught they'll be tortured for all eternity if they don't do exactly as they are told?

18. Ssmiff

Quick google search doesn’t show much innocent just a man in womens clothes. Thongs and ass shakin, kids in chairs like a bachelorette part with a drag queen crawling to them like a cat. It’s too much for kids to process and isn’t something they need to process.

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The drag queens speaking out against children attending their shows do come from a good POV because a lot of that stuff is strictly about over the top sexualization. Children stuffing tips in drag queen asscracks like we’ve seen on video recently is disgusting and disturbing. Otherwise who cares as long as children have their parents permission and aren’t being inappropriately incorporated into these shows

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Are library readings and actual drag queen shows being conflated here?