POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Americans are barely governable by the American People.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

As it should be. Land of the free

justingroves likes this.
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Might take a couple of costal cities San Fran and up. Inner city LA and then the rednecks that live outside of the cities in the northwest would take care of them by sunset.

4. CardinalVol

Side note.

Does the phrase “scramble jets” seem weird to anyone else. I know what it means it just sounds like we’re just throwing up first thing available haphazardly.

Sorry. It’s one of those trivial things that just bug me.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

On the other hand, scramble is dead on when it involves me and golf

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

like there’s not a plan so we have to make some calls and scramble some jets and pilots together.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I may be autistic because I am now compelled to explain why it is called scrambling. Scrambling referred to a technique in rock climbing where you rapidly ascend a steep face on all four limbs. Quick as you can. Fast forward to world war 2. For the first time in history, Britain is using radar to detect incoming fighter groups. With world War 2 aerial combat, higher altitude is a massive advantage because altitude can be exchanged for speed and the faster plane controls the engagement. So every moment the enemy is flying towards you while you are still on the ground is a moment you have aren't climbing to reduce or remove that aggressor advantage. Hence, planes would be qeued up on runways all ready to immediately take off and climb. Or "scramble."

This continues to this day. A scramble or scrambling means launching the planes that were pre positioned and prepped for rapid response. The pilots are similarly always on standby if they are part of a group staged to scramble. They are right near the planes such as to hop inside and go in moments.

So it refers to the mountain climbing rapid ascent technique, they are scrambling up in altitude.

I know I am 90 to 100% right on this, even though you never find this full explanation of the term. The dots connect like so.

Opposite of what it sounds like, it is the rapid launch of staged fighters which are always planned to be instantly available for any task that could come up. As opposed to being part of a planned mission

8. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

9. Ssmiff

4 balloons now? One over Latin America.

10. Ssmiff

Attached Files:

dknash and utvol0427 like this.
  11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

12. CardinalVol

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We are going to shoot this thing down. Merica!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
  14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Merica *cues Toby Keith singing Courtesy of the Red White and Blue*

15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

This video is much better

16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Lol well done both MTG and Eric Swalwell. The meme and trash talk in response here are both elite.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Ron Swanson fist pump

ole_orange and zehr27 like this.
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Politicians arguing on the tweeter

20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Tis the times we find ourselves in. In fairness to those two they each have a lot of extra time on their hands for shit posting online since they both have been banished from committees. If only Jefferson and Adams could have played out their rivalry on the Tweeter machine back in the day.

justingroves likes this.