POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is this true?

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Considering Eric’s history of asserting things like Trump was for sure a Russian agent via his intel committee intelligence only he and a few others were privy to, despite bonafide proof never actually being produced to the American public proving these shocking claims about our ex-POTUS, who knows. Anything Swalwell says has to be taken with a grain of salt. He’s a partisan cheerleader first and foremost. Maybe it is indeed true, but Swalwell’s claims have not exactly proven to be trustworthy in the past. I don’t remember Chinese spy balloons ever being a story during Trump’s presidency but am open to learning something new. Seems like something those of us who follow all of this stuff closely would have easily remembered.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

From the DoD. It is true.

5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

How was that not a media story? Why didn’t he and others with knowledge raise holy hell about it? Did Biden authorize the media knowing about this balloon? Weird stuff

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Apparently Trump kept it quiet

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Wait. Where in that defense.gov link provided does it mention anything about Trump’s presidency and 3 Chinese balloons? Are we sure “No Lie” Brian Taylor Cohen on Twitter isn’t full of shit? Unless it’s been a longer day than I realized and my brain can’t read anything right now, it looks like that dude is spreading misinformation. That snippet screenshoted from the defense.gov link he provided only details the events of the Biden Presidency Chinese spy ballon.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
  8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Also lol @ China saying it was just a runaway weather balloon and that we overreacted

NorrisAlan likes this.
  9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Is there an actual DoD sourced article detailing three Chinese spy balloons during the Trump Presidency? Not saying it didn’t happen, just would like to see some actual confirmation. Because “No Lie” Brian Tyler Cohen is out right lying there based on what is written in his tweet paired with the DoD source he provides to his followers. Who is that guy anyways? A legit political pundit/reporter? A troll? Bc that news article has nothing to do with Trump.

zehr27 likes this.
  10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Interested as well to learn more about this happening in the past. Why would we allow this?

11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I see a vague Forbes article making these claims about Chinese spy balloons via “unnamed sources”. Otherwise we just have Swalwell’s highly untrustworthy word and Brian Tyler Cohen (whoever the hell he is) falsely framing a DoD news article solely detailing the events of this week as “evidence” this happened under Trump.

Might as well blindly believe Swalwell though, he is an honorable and competent politician. He’d never lie to the American public.

12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The multitude of people on Twitter blindly and celebratory retweeting Cohen's link as a "It is true! Gotcha Trump" despite them obviously not reading the link themselves is so representative of the state of everything. Shocking how so many of his followers think that tweet proves "It's true! This proves it! Trump allowed three Chinese Spy ballons!" despite the "proof" linked having zero content within it about the Trump Presidency. That tweet has to be some kind of social experiment studying the psychology of lemmings.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

What is the deal with Brian Tyler Cohen out right lying with the link he provided?

Any other sources besides "defenseone.com"? Like any legit news articles detailing the claims of Chinese spy balloons under Trump that were published before today or this week that contain more than brief mentions of "unnamed sources" saying so? All I see there is a brief mention of an alleged singular unnamed Pentagon source. Does that actually prove anything for sure? And these claims are suddenly only coming out just now for the first time. Why?

Again, I don't necessarily deny it happened, just want to see some actual proof before proclaiming "it's true". Because so far the most trustworthy source I see making these claims is a singular highly partisan Congressmen who has a track record of making spectacular claims about opposition party politicians only to never ultimately provide actual proof supporting his wild assertions.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
  15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

If this hadn't been blown up by a local television station, it's doubtful anything would have happened. Similar to the classified documents, it wouldn't surprise me if this had been going on for decades with inaction being the only visible action taken.

SetVol13 and NorrisAlan like this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

The claim is that it happened but was not made public. Over Guam, Hawaii, and then somewhere else.

I don't see this as a partisan thing if it wasn't for the political rhetoric from the right now looking dumb.

17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

And it's impossible that Dems and some of their online fanboys aren't dumbly making shit up in response to some people on the right attacking Biden's handling of this? Why did you provide a link detailing nothing about Trump's Presidency from Brian Tyler Cohen saying "it's true" about Trump? Did you just not read the DoD link from Brian Tyler Cohen before posting it?

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Because I had seen it from multiple unrelated sources at that point. I'm not sure anything will convince you, you seem to think everything always makes the news

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

But I'm not the one who confidently said "from the DoD. It's true" and proceeded to link a DoD article that didn't even mention the Trump Presidency. I've repeatedly said my mind is open here. Are you sure your mind isn't the one who is more closed off here between the two of us?