POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I think there are 100's if not 1000s who are better than her. Last time I watched she had about 15 turnovers and no shots on goal. Have you been watching?

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Rapinoe? I'm not her biggest fan, but she's been quite good for a while. I think she's overstayed her spot on the national team for a few years, but she's 36 and few athletes are elite at this age. But, she was very much elite for a long time as a starting winger on the best national team in the world.

Daddy Gee likes this.
  3. Ssmiff

Again imo there have been plenty better the last 8 years, which happens to coincide with when she became more outspoken

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

She scored 2 goals in the bronze medal game, including an Olimpico. You have not been watching.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Nope, haven't watch one second of the Olympics and couldn't give two shakes and a wiggle about women's soccer. However, from what I have read and understand about the sport, she is one of the all time greats in women's soccer. Now, if you meant "right now she sucks" I will agree. She is like 48 years old and shouldn't be playing. But that doesn't mean she isn't good at her craft, she is just old.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Sure, it's fine to question anything. No one is above reproach. Being "convenient" is rarely how one becomes effective, though, and hasn't really in the history of protests. But, sure, it doesn't necessarily make her right.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Name 3 not on the team that should be in her place.

8. Ssmiff

No I didn't watch this team. It bores me. And "scoring a goal" doesn't mean much to me, especially when it's often a free kick

9. NorrisAlan

Perhaps this is something you should investigate. Perhaps her activism has poisoned the well for you, so to speak?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

LOL, what a troll sequence. I am no fan of hers, but you are not living in reality my dude.

11. Ssmiff

Go to your local latino/Latina park on a Sunday and pick 3. If you think she's the best USA has to offer, you are wrong. The picking of the USA teams has always been flawed

12. Ssmiff

True I don't like her, but I've seen enough travel soccer to know there are strong and fast young women out there who would run circles around her. Maybe your focus on trying to be PC and to prove me wrong has your mind skewed as to what talent is.

13. NorrisAlan

Really? Three random schmoes off the street playing park soccer?

14. Ssmiff

Always a troll when you don't agree with an opinion
    --I dont like rapinoe
    --I believe there are more skilled players out there.
    Now go ahead and continue to be a [itch bay] just like her

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

How has the team been so dominant internationally for the past 8 years, if there are literally 1000's of better players, so numerous and common as to be seen at any local park? Are all of the other international teams refusing to play players in the top thousands too?

16. Ssmiff

Yes really. There are 17 yr olds playing for International Soccer club out of Antioch that would abuse her, but they will never get the chance

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

You asked if I had been watching after claiming she hasn't scored any goals and not even a couple minutes later say you haven't watched when I point out that she scored 2 in the most recent game alone. You can believe what you want and jump to name-calling, it's cool. People can read your posts and draw their conclusions.

SetVol13 likes this.
  18. NorrisAlan

[uck fay] PC. [uck fay] it to high heaven. Say what you think and back it up. But be nice. That is my rule.

I don't want to prove you wrong. I think you are wrong, however. Rapinoe's record on the USWNT speaks for itself. And saying "goals don't matter much to me, especially since they come from free kicks" shows you know nothing about the game. Nothing.

SetVol13 likes this.
  19. Ssmiff

Said the last time I watched. There is no need to jump to conclusions. I will clarify a 3rd time.
    -I dont like her.
    -there are plenty of better players.
    Lastly, you relating scoring a goal to skill makes me question if you actually ever played anyway. Was it a great 1 v 1 move? I diving finish off a cross? Or a penalty kick or lucky deflection. But by all means, consider her the goat because she scored 2 in a bronze game. It's your right

20. Ssmiff

Ha. Read my response above. That you consider a free kick as the same skill level as great footwork beating defenders for a goal and consider them the same thing tells me all I need to know. I'm good with my sport knowledge, but thank you anyway.