POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I would love to kick the shit out of his brother. If I ever run into him I am calling him Fredo.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I didn't really have a choice but to ask for him to resign. If he didn't he would have gone back on what he said earlier and would have been blasted for it.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Actblue has cut ties with him. Will no longer process donations to him.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Good.

It was mentioned in this thread, I think, that he worked for Clinton which means he’s going to use the Clinton playbook which is fight fight fight and deny dent deny all the to the very very end.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That's also Trump's playbook.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Trump did it better.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He always does

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Unimane likes this.
  9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This weird fascination with so many defining their rooting and entertainment interests with how much they blubber support of patriotic iconography and symbolism is so ridiculous. I don't particularly like Rapinoe's and the USWNT's actions in certain instances, mostly related to their lawsuit, but I rooted for them to win. The great irony, or rather hypocrisy, of those hardened "patriots", who are really just your garden variety nationalists, rooting for American representatives to lose to Sweden, Poland, whomever, will forever be lost upon them.

These folks really seem long gone, defined solely by their hostility and opposition to "wokeness" or whatever the hell their dumbasses want to call it. At this point, in regards to Biden and other figures, why even bother trying to get them on board with bi-partisanship, or however tools like Sinema are referring to it nowadays? Offer them the opportunity to work together, then move on once McConnell and the like do their usual obstinacy while abetted by the Trumpist based right wing media sources.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I'd be fine with biden or any dem doing well and solving issues.
    I however could care less if Rapinoe ever wins another game and dont care for anybody who cries about disrespect, while showing disrespect. There is a time and place. Some athletes get it and some don't.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

What would be the time and place?

12. Ssmiff

Outside of gametime for starters. People are tuned in to watch competition and be entertained, not to continue the daily bombardment of political bs. Taking a stand against US policies or the flag as 99% of the stadium can't wait to stand and sing the anthem isn't the best idea imo.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You kneel to ask a girl to marry you.
    You kneel to pray to God.
    You kneel to be knighted.

When did kneeling become a sign of disrespect?

As for getting the political bs out of games, I am all for it. Get rid of the anthem, get rid of the military fly overs, get rid of all of it and just play the game.

Like they used to do.

NYY and SetVol13 like this.
  14. Ssmiff

Kneeling is more about look at me for some, but its not just that with Rapinoe. She's just a whiny [itch bay] who isn't that good at her craft. Look at my pose, look at me kneeling, look at my green hair, look I'm a lesbian, look at me I'm the spokeswoman for equality. Just over her and would rather pull for the strong women who did the 4 x 400 relay and draped themselves in the flag or the wrestler who was real.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

She's actually elite at her craft in her sport. She comes across very annoying to me, but she is a great women's soccer striker.

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Protests are supposed to be inconvenient. Even so, Rapinoe or anyone kneeling in protest during the anthem or medal ceremony affects my viewing of games absolutely none. The games, despite all of the consternation over the protests and whether or not the athletes should do this or that, have changed in actual play in no way. Ultimately, this is the reason I watch.

And, as usual, most of the people being consternated over these displays, either don't care or love it when their ideology is promoted, whether through overt patriotic displays or religious ones. The religious stuff, especially, gives me an eye roll with how it's used in sports. I'm always wary of people who heavily do both or either, but my viewing experience isn't much changed and I don't know what my life would be like if I shut down all forms of entertainment to simply those whom I agreed with politically, personally, etc.

So, until they start kneeling during the third quarter or refusing to shoot a free throw, whatever, I won't really be concerned with statements being made on the periphery of events. My intake of sports has, as I've gotten older, revolved less around the ancillary stories and Gameday-type narrative to focus more narrowly on the actual events.

17. Ssmiff

They got beat by a 15 yr old boys team. I dont think she is elite and believe there are 18-22 yr old women who would embarrass her if given the chance.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Rapinoe is not good at her craft?

And "Hey look at me look at my hair look im a lesbian" is not OK, but "Hey, look at me, look at me drape this flag over me and run around, look at me!" is?

SetVol13 likes this.
  19. Ssmiff

Uni if one wants to really get people to hear, I'm just saying being inconvenient may not be the best. It's 100% fine to back what she doing and 100% fine to question the authenticity

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

They play women's soccer. That's her sport. It is quite possible there are younger players that could beat her now, same as can be said for any athlete pushing well past 30.