Randy Moss: Better Than Jason Croom?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Nov 13, 2014.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Only Irvin imo

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Johnny football is the best! balls deep!

The words of a genius clearly.

3. kidbourbon

Randy Moss could have easily played NBA basketball. Way to change the subject, dumbass.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I believe you. I also believe there's no way you could be as big of an ******* in real life as you try so hard to portray on here. But I also try to give people the benefit of the doubt. Flaw of mine.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

And he could easily have not been good enough. That's a long ways off from calling someone a dumbass for suggesting that a documentary might have taken some liberties with his basketball skills. I don't see much evidence, if any, that anyone thought he was a lock nba player.

6. kidbourbon

Except that he was good enough.

And the documentary didn't take liberties with his basketball skills. Nobody's ever disputed that Moss was good enough to play NBA ball.

http://books.google.com/books?id=5S... college scholarship offers -daughter&f=false

The fact that this was 1996 and before the existence of Rivals doesn't take him off the top off the national basketball recruiting lists. Dumbass.

7. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

The fact that he had the physical tools to play in the NBA is one thing, but you can't just guarantee he'd make the NBA. There's a lot of insane athletes out there who don't make it for a million different reasons.

8. kidbourbon

Straight Bass Homie

[​IMG]

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

New question:

Who is better, Randy Moss or Kevin Van Dam?

Discuss.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

When he signed with the Raiders, he bought a house in a gated community with a private lake. He fished there all the time. The first time he did, residents called the law saying someone was trespassing.

That story always cracked me up. It was in a sports illustrated

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

did you read that tripe? It went so far out of the way to make all of Moss' misfortunes just bad luck on his lone couple of missteps that there is no possible way it's worth the paper it's written on.

You know as well as I do that there has been a couple of shoo in NBA players as HS basketball seniors. The only one not a big man was LeBron. Moss is as physically talented as anyone, but the playgrounds are littered with talented, uber-athletic guys who don't work hard. Dude is 6'4" and that's not shoo in territory.

12. kidbourbon

The link was for Moss getting college basketball offers. The other alternative was "STFU droski, anybody with a brain knows that Moss could have played CBB wherever he wnated." But then I'd already used that.

13. JayVols

Randy Moss or Kevin Van Dam?

I want an answer.

14. kidbourbon

I had to google it.

Gotta go KVD because Moss only fishes for bass.

ETA: does KVD fish for anything other than bass?

15. JayVols

Not professionally.

He's on the Bassmaster's Tour.

But he is capable of fishing professionally for walleye, crappie, redfish, wahoo, swordfish, tuna, marlin, and/or whales. He's that damn good. He fished with other future pro fishermen that fish other species than bass coming up through the ranks too.

16. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Doesn't make him any less of an athlete in my mind.

17. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

He half-assed it too much for me. Rice was the exact opposite. In the end, Rice did everything Moss could've done had he worked as hard as Rice. Moss left a lot on the field.

18. kidbourbon

Nobody's knocking Bo Jackson.

19. kidbourbon

Gotta go KVD then. Moss is Straight Bass, Homie.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod