RB Derrick Green

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by kptvol, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

A poster on scout about D green

wtmvol
    Letterman
    2030 posts this site
    Posted: Today 12:07 PM
    Derrick Green... maybe positive news?
    A guy I work with who is pretty well connected with Richmond high school football just told me he heard from a "pretty reliable source" that Green is leaning towards Tennessee now. I don't say that to mean he is definitely coming here or anything. Just wanted to pass on positive news on someone I didn't think we had much chance on anymore. If I get anymore information from him, I'll share.

2. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

He is announcing on 26th at 4pm.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Make a prediction Jewy.

4. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

If he comes into town next week VOL if not Wolverine.

5. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I would still sweat that one until the fax rolled in

6. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Man, I really feel like even if he visits he's going to Michigan. The only thing on our side is distance and Graham.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Not confident in this one. Graham or not.

8. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Yeah, not very confident.

9. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

bunch'o negavols

10. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

New rivals article says he is likely to take no more trips. Worst of all, BJ has already used his in home so TN will see him and then Michigan and Hoke will come behind and close it.

11. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Yeah he is all Wolverine it seems. Move along here.

12. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Jay and Baj in his house about now.

13. Nucvol

Nucvol Member

Got to give an A for effort. I like the persistance.

14. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Just the first of a lot of losses/shortcomings we'll have to deal with for the next 4-5 years.

15. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

The only hope here is Graham and momma, who apparently loves Graham

16. TennTradition

Not going to end well.

17. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

He just made a positive tweet about staff leaving house. I think he is a Wolverine however he has fallen in love with them. Nothing wrong with that.

18. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

At CMU and UC CBJ's offense didn't need a big, power 'back, but he will in the SEC. Green, w/ his power, size, strength, and speed, is that 'back to compliment Jones' and Bajakian's style.

Multiple visits to Ann Arbor vs. one to "The Hill", his relationship w/ UM coaches (notably Hoke) and the relationships made w/ UM commits during the AA gm, and the upcoming in-home visit w/ Hoke appear to indicate the Maize and Blue nonetheless, can't/don't discount Green's desire to play in the SEC, his relationship with CJG (then there's Grahams development of Lattimore and too, that Graham played in the league) leads me to believe he chooses the Orange and White and Power T.

19. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

20. TennTradition

Our only hope of recruiting consistently at a level that would get us kids like Green is that CBJ succeeds in getting the big in-state and legacy kids in next year's class. If he can somehow make it seem like UT is a place players like Green would want to come, he has a chance.

I've seen nothing in his track record to suggest he will provide a step change in recruiting. He'll build on what Dooley was doing..that's about it unless something like the above description lands in his lap.