Recruiting.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Jewbaccah, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

If we land Martinez, Tee and Thigpen. We will likely get close to top ten class. It is not for sure, nothing in recruiting is. It does look promising. A few locals we may land like Ramsey plus some auburn turn coats would salvage this class. A solid class here puts us back in play talent and depth wise absent linebackers in the SEC. I would go as far as to say east is in play in year one with Green Ramsey Foster type recruits coming. UF will be the strong favorite however.

2. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

If the big 3 declare, we will be fighting with Vandy and Mizzou for 4th place in the East next year

3. Alcovolic

Alcovolic New Member

I think 2nd in the East if everything plays out decently in recruiting. We will most likely lose to Oregon, Fla, Bama, but we can beat Georgia if we stop the run. We can beat SC with more "Kneefense", Missouri is a Win, and Vandy loses Rogers so we will be favored in that one. I have us at 9-3 (optimal), 8-4 (rational) heading into either the Outback or Cap One Bowl, and if this happens, I hope Butch Jones goes back through his Twitter history and tells all of those assholes to get down on their knees, unzip his pants and suck until dry.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Unless two out of UF, UGA, and USC dismiss every scholarship player, there is no way we get 2nd in the East.

5. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

horeshit

6. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Really it is not. Butch will have us bowling. 7 wins in year one with a chance at 9 tops.

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Lolololololololololololololololololol

He won't sniff 9.

8. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

C'mon Man ... you surely don't believe what you are saying here. A chance at 9 wins?

9. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

People are trying to equate change to success, when the two couldn't be farther from each other in college football. We needed change, but we needed someone who could walk into a home that Saban just left, and keep the recruit's and his family's attention. Strong could have done that here, especially with all his ties to the SEC, and national championship rings. Jones, doesn't have that, period. Jones will end up Dooley 2.0, IMO.

10. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

7 is the absolute ceiling next year

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Good lord. Hook, line, and sinker.

12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The difference between Jones and Dooley is winning. I'm not saying Jones will win championships here. I'm actually pretty skeptical of that. But Dooley 2.0 is a gross exaggeration.

13. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Chance does not mean it will happen. 7 is not the ceiling it is likely. Dooley was a very bad coach. We have been traumatized and it is effecting our perception.

14. Tar Volon

Kinda agree with this. We may not have a top SEC coach on the sidelines, but we also don't have [ddiapos]. I think folks are underestimating that factor.

15. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

I'm talking about success at UT. I don't see it with Jones, like most do.

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

And I think the brighter side folks are discounting the roster attrition from NFL bound guys and transfers that are going to occur.

17. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

No way most see it. They may say it. But they don't really believe it or have a very different meaning of the word success.

18. robvols

robvols Member

The OP needs to be converted back to 8th Maxim standards.

This isn't the Facebook crowd!!!

19. wpg3ut

wpg3ut Member

Just 5 more years of being humiliated by all the ones we love, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, South Carolina. Does that sound like success? How is BJ going to out recruit any of these coaches? Why would recruits choose him over proven SEC coaches? Would you?

20. Tar Volon

What do we know about transfers? I'm assuming Bray/CP/Hunter are gone (of course, along with Thomas, Rivera, Waggner, and Teague), but that's it. I don't think 7 is that unlikely even without the big three.