Remaining Spots for Class of 2014

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by kptvol, Aug 24, 2013.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I've lost track of how many spots we have left in the class, so please clue me in on how many we have left, and who, if any, of the commits will leave to make room.

Also, just thinking about who we have on the radar taking up our last spots...

Sounds like 7 spots, most likely filled by these guys:

CB/WR Evan Berry
    LB/S Elliot Berry
    DT Derek Barnett
    DT Charles Mosley
    LB Clifton Garrett
    DE Andrew Hendrix
    WR Josh Malone
    DT Jihad Ward
    OT Dontavius Blair
    DB Adoree Jackson
    Anyone else?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  2. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

I've read 7, which goes down to 2 if you take the Berry twins, Barnett, Mosley and Hendrix.

They would probably like to fill the last 2 spots with JUCO DL.

I think anyone like Malone or Garrett pushes someone out or replaces a decommit. Gavin Bryant seems pretty likely to jump at an offer from UA or AU or get pushed elsewhere because of grades. Other than that, not sure.

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I'd sure like a JUCO OT to fill up one of the last spots

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Forgot we were still going after one.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Matt Elam DT from Ky.

edit:

Adoree Jackson is a longshot. But he's a game changer.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

7. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Get Blair, Mosley, Barnett, Hendrix, Malone and the Berry twins and call it a day and call it as good a class as anyone and one of the best we've had in ages.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Who's Adoree Jackson?

9. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

? Who's Bob Vance?

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Who's John Galt?

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

12. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

So do you guys have an opinion on comments from Malone and Mouhon regarding message board comments? Malone was initially turned off by some things he read and Mouhon tweeted about vol fans dogging him after his first game yesterday.

13. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

What about it?

14. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

If a kid isn't going to come here because of some stupid fans they probably don't need to come here anyway.

15. limpleg

There have been many debates on the affect of message board material on recruits. Many deny it ever is a factor. If the location of a chik fil e on campus can be a factor, our own idiot fans can be as well.

16. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

There is a difference between fans dogging a crappy prouduct and dogging a HS recruit.

17. limpleg

I agree. There has still been an overall denial of the potential affects of message boards. It is silly. It is ridiculous that a kid or family would form an opinion based off of a few idiots, but it happens and will continue to get worse. Kids pick schools for whatever reasons they want and its not in our control how they think or who is advising them, if anyone at all.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

But like govols182 said, if a few obnoxious idiots are going to be a problem, then they are not well-suited for our school or frankly any in the SEC.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Meh. Teams with the most pessimistic fans tend to be the teams in the gutter. The loser status has a lot more to do with recruiting than fans not predicting a 12-0 season for a team that just got crushed by Vandy. I don't believe message boards play much of a role. Directly contacting recruits? That is different.

20. limpleg

Malone and Mouhon have both mentioned boards. VQ and Hubbs sent apology messages via their site last night. All over 1 game by a hs kid. Its ridiculous that it comes to that.