Remaining Spots for Class of 2014

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by kptvol, Aug 24, 2013.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

If the tenn message board fans are terrible and the recruits care why do you currently have a top 5 class? Shouldn't this success put this rather idiotic theory to rest?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

[​IMG]

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

There was a 200 post thread on the Alabama site after the lsu loss last year the gist of it being that they always get outcoached in every big game. Texas fans are the most negative fanbase in the country. Both have annual top 5 recruiting classes.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

If what some portion of the fan base says really bothers a kid, he isn't going to be happy at any school with much of a spot light on them.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Same fanbase that cares enough to have 5 message boards also has hundreds of losers that will kiss these guys ass on twitter. Some recruits do care about that.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Also there isn't any fanbase that doesn't have negative posts. Well except teams with no fanbase like Stanford or northwestern.

7. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Recruits and parents of recruits have brought it up. Why don't you ask them. And nobody said it affected everyone anyway.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You make a pretty big assumption to assume I never talk to recruits and parents.

9. limpleg

I'm not assuming anything and don't really care what goes on in Cali, tbh. I'm talking about specific local or regional recruits, and current UT player parents. Not even sure what you are trying to argue about. We had a committed kid tweet last night about UT fans dogging him on a UT board. That's not debatable.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

If he decommits then you have a point. Otherwise, not so much. Recruits and players parents getting their vaginas hurt isn't the same thing as it having a real effect on recruiting or the team. We are seriously supposed to start monitoring our posts so we don't offend dumbshits like the fumblemom's of the world?

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I guess if the tenn fans were more supportive you'd currently have the #1 recruiting class in the country. When does it end? If you currently had the #1 class you'd have the #1 class by a bigger margin? You've been proven wrong over and over again.

12. limpleg

Man, you really do go dramatic often. The kid tweeted it dipshit. I'm talking about a few idiots out there, acting similar to how you are acting now, being in denial that a hs kid and family can be affected by what you post. I get it. You don't get it. So move on.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You frequently whine about everything over here, but never move on. Seems like you don't get that you don't get it.

14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Well, yea. People can be affected. The question is whether or not it has any effect.

15. limpleg

Thank you for some common sense.

16. limpleg

And here comes the cavalry. I'm not even talking about this site jackass. VQ had the issue. If you don't have a point to make about the question, stfu.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

That was absolutely no different than what Droski was saying.

18. fl0at_

My take is that I don't it has much of an effect. You are going to get scrutinized. Now is the time to toughen up and learn to get passed that.

Now if a fan directly contacts a kid, then I'd say the fan crossed the line. But if a recruit gets all butt hurt and runs to momma over something someone says about them in a thread, then tough [breast].

And that is why I don't think it has much of an effect. I think these kids get butt hurt, then realize they can't take this shit personally, and move on. In the end, having no effect on overall outcome.

19. fl0at_

Maybe dro's affect effected his otherwise effectual post.

20. limpleg

That you don't see the difference between what they said doesn't surprise. I posed the question. Asked for thoughts. Dros and kpt need to start an argument today over nothing. I don't feel like being their fix today.

I just think it sucks that a hs kid has to deal with idiot fans and address it, as Mouhon did. Crooms mom, who I know is volatile, is in the middle of it and has mentioned boards causing problems with some families.At the same time, those same idiot fans deny that it is a problem, or deflect the problem elsewhere.
    I didn't point out anybody or this site. I don't see much bashing of recruits here. If a couple choose to get defensive, there is usually a reason why.