Remaining Spots for Class of 2014

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by kptvol, Aug 24, 2013.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not following along, I see. I am making a comparison of you and your situation here to Mouhon and his situation with the UT fanbase. Concentrate and try again.

2. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

3. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I hear Joe Mixon might be giving us an official visit.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Who is getting defensive? No one is defending bashing kids personally that I see in this thread. We are simply disagreeing with you that it has much of an impact on where recruits go come signing day. I get that it can be a source of some damage to a family's pride that it is not ideal or necessary. I just think the argument that it hurts a school is just an attempt to create some consequence for internet warriors that get out of line.

5. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Gotta think we're the favorites there.

6. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

That's fair. I asked for opinions. It doesn't help, that's for sure. Does it end up hurting in the long run? Potentially, yes. Whether that is a stupid reason or not is a different subject.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Ding ding ding

It's nothing more than a dumb argument put out by people who don't want to hear anything negative in the first place. Since they can't rationally debate against those who make these points they revert to stupid arguments about how it hurts the program.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Telling us how recruits are currently butthurt given the current vols recruiting haul means you will pretty much argue anything.

9. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Since you basically admitted to trying to communicate with recruits and you are defensive about it, I guess its safe to say that you are one of the losers I refer to.
    Leave the hs kids alone, creep.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

What? Interesting jump there. I know some coaches who know many recruits. I don't contact recruits on twitter or something.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Vol

12. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Not sure if Mixon is a take for us tbh. Think bUTch is slow-playing him.

13. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I really don't think Mixon is that good, but we could always move him to defense.

14. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

He's a silent

15. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Remember when Dooley would have no one committed at this point and people would claim the existence of 5-8 silents.....

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Like unicorns. Always had a squad of silents, and when they were about to commit elsewhere, it'd be "x cheated, the guy got paid."

17. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

You trying to suggest Dooley couldn't recruit?

I'll remind you that he was Saban's recruiting coordinator at LSU, ergo the main reason they had all that talent down in Baton Rouge.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I get the point, but guys are getting paid. NCAA selective approach has proven a non- deterrent.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agreed