Rivals Team Recruiting Rankings Released.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, May 31, 2012.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

different era back then. a lot more of the top guys commit early now.

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  2. Scorched Colon

Scorched Colon New Member

Well as a positive, listening to JC "orange" sherbert this morning. He said that Tennessee HS talent is really deep for the next couple of years and the Vols should sign about 80-90% of those players. Unless Dooley lets Milk Dud Franklin continue to out recruit for instate talent again

3. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

You mean like in 2007 when we had our highest rated players commit between December and Signing Day? Or 2004? Top rated players committed early back then as well.

4. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

It didn't matter last year, it won't this year.

We'll still get the mediocre to good recruiting class we've come to expect from CDD.

5. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

They're in on some really, really good players. If Dooley could somehow snag that Green kid and a couple of the others, we'll immediately go way up in the rankings. How realistic that is I have no idea.

6. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I posted one of the highlight videos on Green and think he will be a stud. Hopefully he'll be a stud here...

7. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I think it is born of envy.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Lose to NC State and all of those big time recruits stop answering calls.

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Once Dooley gets canned we'll go from a mediocre recruiting class to a WTF class.

10. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

The right hire makes that problem go away.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It all depends on the hire and who stays. Keep Jay Graham, maybe Hinshaw, Sunseri and Ansley (which is what I see happening if Smart is hired), you keep the class relatively stable.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

graham is a must keep

13. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Kinda why I'm hoping for a large instate pull. Easier to hold onto.

14. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

You're probably right, but I'd rather see a more qualified coach bring in his own staff instead of just going with the stability route, even if it means possibly taking a hit on a class.

15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Agree. I mean, obviously keep guys he liked (which should include Graham), but don't keep guys just for stability's sake.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Me too, I'm just saying if Smart is the guy, the staff will be relatively stable.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I would say whoever it is, graham will probably stick around unless he and the incomer hate each other.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, Graham will be here in 2013 unless he chooses not to be

19. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Did LWS hack groves account?

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hahaha.

The only way Graham leaves is on his own terms, I guess is a better way to put it. It will be his choice, not the next HC if a change is made after this season.