Rivals Team Recruiting Rankings Released.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, May 31, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've also been more impressed by Hinshaw that I ever thought I would be. Not saying he will make the cut wit ha change, but I'd not be pissed if he did.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I kid.

And you're right.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Me too. Looking at his resume, he's been okay at places. Here, he's done a pretty damn good job. I don't know if having Da'Rick Rogers and Tyler Bray are making him look like a good coach, but his recruiting has been very good too.

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

That's something that bothers me. I definitely think the right move would be to hire the best available coach and let him bring his own guys in. I have nothing against Graham staying, and I think it's very possible the new coach would keep him regardless, but I firmly believe that trying to tell a coach who he can hire is the best way to scare off qualified coaches.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Graham is a top notch RB coach that a lot of teams want. That wouldn't scare any coaches off.

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I agree, but that isn't to say the mentality couldn't scare people off. Just knowing you can't control parts of your staff may make a qualified coach think twice. It was fine with a guy like Dooley who would have never gotten a job like this under normal circumstances, but I could see it convincing someone like Charlie Strong to pass over Tennessee for another good job if one opens up.

To clarify, if we do hire Smart and he wants to keep Sunseri and some other guys, I wouldn't have a problem with it, provided that it's his decision. I just don't like the idea of a bunch of boosters telling a coach who he's allowed to hire. If you don't trust a coach to make his own decisions, you shouldn't be hiring him.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I agree that, if the right coach is hired, I wouldn't cry at seeing any assistant handed walking papers. I think Graham is a big enough assistant that he most likely would get to choose if he wanted to stay, but if a top flight head coach was to be hired who wanted his own guy, then so be it.

I don't think Kirby Smart is anywhere near that level.

8. Scorched Colon

Scorched Colon New Member

Gold...

9. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

24k Post