Ronda Rousey

Discussion in 'Sports' started by g8terh8ter_eric, Jul 5, 2014.

1. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Ah. Spec Forces? Cause I'm thinking what's taught in basic isn't near enough.

2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Where is your drill sergeant, men?

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I've had a decent amount of specialty training, boxing, CQC, wrestling etc.

I don't know what people are taught in basic, and it probably isn't enough, but I'm going to be the biggest, strongest, most athletic person she's likely ever fought. Add some training, and I've had specialty training, and she's got problems.

I'm not trying to brag on me. Just saying that fighting a dude is a drastically different undertaking.

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Surely he doesn't. She has the same chance against BPV she would against Lesnar.

5. hatvol96

The fight would be shorter than Rousey's last one.

6. hatvol96

I will give Rousey credit. She is several evolutionary steps ahead of the female boxers people tried to push in the '90s. The average member of my drinking circle would have knocked Christie Martin into a coma in less than a minute.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

My old boss is an amatuer MMA fighter who is one of Ovince's training partners and was a pretty good high school wrestler. He is approximately 160 but he fights at less. I only say that because he says he would need six weeks to train and he could beat her. And that any male, with a little more training than that would beat her.

8. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

No chance of that.

9. GahLee

I don't doubt that at all. It's about the training. She's killing a dude of equal size without training. Destroying him. And quickly.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

But what could you do against Marc Maggard?

-MFNYY

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i'm pretty sure she would destroy me

12. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

With her catlike reflexes.

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Are her sparing partners and trainers all women? Or, if not, the men are just scrubs?

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

bpv would take her.

15. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

We have yet to meet (though I look forward to beer and wings :) ) but you don't come across as one who boasts bravado, your word is good. I'm 6'1 225 and though not as strong as when playing I stay in good shape. I've practiced TKD fifteen yrs and Aikido for the last four.

Agree, there are dudes that could make a go or take RR, but to do so they would need to keep there distance and have some form of skiled training i.e., MA, wrestling, ... This chick is efficient and effective in close targeting the bodys weaknesses joints specifically. "If" she were to get inside and get hold of and leverage size and strength are not going to matter. just sayin'

16. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

As w/ Big Cat, I have no cause to doubt you

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Saying a dude that is 6'4 and 230 can take her is, of course, a no-brainer, particularly if they have had any kind of training. Size does matter, like I always tell the people I have taught. But, I know, at my age, weight and lack of coordination, I would get destroyed. She is young, and a hell of a lot faster than me at 45, bad back and all.

Your average joe, 5'10, 230 pound beer gut and zero training? I firmly believe she would break them in half. Royce Gracie showed that in the first few UFC's when he was fighting dudes and tearing them apart, and he weighed about 170 at the time.

18. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

He's not a little dude.

19. GahLee

Well, that settles it.

20. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member