Same Quote Different Year

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

It's damned near impossible, even for Butch.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Never underestimate Butch. Or overestimate, I guess.

3. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Outside of Bama, LSU, UGA, UF

The games we are most likely to lose in order are USCe, Vandy, UK/Mizzou, Southern Miss, Umass

I can definitely see losses to USCe and Vandy. Butch would have to lose the team to lose to anyone else on that list IMO. Which is possible.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Vandy is about to lose 4 straight. The next five games should at best be close contests they have to keep starters in for 60 minutes. Then it's us. They'll be beat up and terrible (moreso than currently) by the time we play them.

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I never estimate him.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm just cheering for success. Whatever you think that looks like isn't really my concern.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I can't tell you how it took OT to beat Appy State or how we lost to SC and Vandy last year either, but it happened.

At some point I think this team just says screw it, it's not worth it.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

It seems to happen at both a fundamental level and a strategic level. We normally comment on the strategic level, as that is what is most accessible for folks like me that are merely casual fans of the game, and see it play as a series of events. But clearly there are problems with fundamentals that ebb and flow. An example that even I can see is the lining up a full yard off the LOS. WTF? Or the WR stance. Or any other super clever ways in which Butch and his staff have attempted to reinvent the fundamentals of the game.

I am not a football guru. It seems from my amateur perspective, that there are right ways and wrong ways of doing things. There can be more than one right way, but there are definite wrong ways. Some of the stuff he has the team do is wrong. All you have to do is read the game day chat with BPV in there, and he'll be calling out issues that are smacking him in the face all game. Hell, I bet you see this stuff and no more about it than I do.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Fundamental and strategic are flawed. At some point, the emotional factor will drain IMO.

10. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

It's not an opinion. There will be no success under Butch. Plain and simple.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

You know, I would respect them so much more if they just came out and said, like with lining the DL up 2 yards off the ball, "It was an idea we had, and it didn't work. So we're scrapping it." But no, they come out and say "oh, we've been doing that all along, people are just now noticing." Well, anybody can watch every game on YouTube now and see that's total bullshit. And they've done enough idiocy like this that people are noticing it. They're not long for this job.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agree completely.