SDS: "Will Jones win a championship at UT?"

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Aug 21, 2014.

1. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Hmmmmmm

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would trade Butch and Jancek for Dantonio and Narduzzi

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

In a heartbeat. I don't think Butch and Co. will get close to playing at the level that Michigan State was playing at last year, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

If this is the case we better be hoping Butch is able to load up the roster for the next coach. My hope is he'll make the necessary change at DC and then not only will we get the players to have a great defense but we'll have someone that can coach them.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I don't have faith that he'll either 1) make changes or 2) make a good hire if he does decide to make changes. He's the one who hired these shit coaches, why should I think he'd do better again?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

True. Hope it isn't this time.

7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Is it 5 days until it's football time in Tennessee? Hot damn, I'm getting excited. I'm also checking the level of bourbon in the house tonight

8. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Nope.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Get hype.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

6. Tennessee plays on Sunday

11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I went to high school in South Miami and college in Tennessee, so naturally I can't add or count

12. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Hart and Cheek were seemingly trying to complete the hire without the use of outside funds, unless it was coincidence that Butch and assistants ended up equaling the budget plus the "gift" from the university of not siphoning off any profits. Hopefully Butch will be open to changes if/when they need to be made, and hopefully the program's momentum will open some doors.

13. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

Yes

14. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

I'm with ya. My heart believes but my brain doesn't. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about this year. This team is sooo young.

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Well we looked like utter crap in the 2nd half. I was half right

16. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Close enough for govt work

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Exactly

18. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

If that were to happen,you can prepare to hang championship banners on rocky top.

19. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Dantonio won with Jones recruits. Then what happened?

Not impressed today either, but Dantonio would not succeed long term here. Better coach for certain.