Season Tickets

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by JudgmentVol, Jul 18, 2016.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You might be the problem. Stay at home.

2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Second

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You guys know if tickets ever scalped for concerts outside the TN Theater? Cheap?

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

What show?

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Bob Dylan in November. Didn't hear about it until too late.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've never scalped down there but usually the ones I have seen are just trying to recoup their investment.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I may give it a go, then. I've seen him several times already and don't think I've ever had to even pay $50. So the thought of shelling out well over $100 on StubHub is pretty unappealing.

8. CardinalVol

don't blame you.

your "professional" scalpers will be doing their thing, but there are usually others too.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I've honestly never scalped for a show at TN Theatre, but I can say of the people I've seen selling tickets, there's more that look like scalpers than look like fans trying to unload extras.

I'd say you could get lucky and find somebody trying to recoup their money, but there will definitely be more trying to make a buck, I think.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'll roll the dice and see what happens. Will report back for everyone else's future reference.

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Looks like tier prices were 60, 100 and 130, so 100 bucks off of StubHub may not be unreasonable.

12. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Same

13. RockyHill

They're going for way more than that though.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I've not looked. I think Dylan was an incredible song writer. I've got no motivation to hear him sing anything.

15. RockyHill

I just want to see him once. I regret not seeing BB King, Ralph Stanley and Guy Clark when I had the chance. Don't want to make that mistake anymore.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He puts on a good show. Doesn't play guitar much anymore, I don't think. I'm guessing arthritis is limiting him to the keyboard. His band is really good. Most of his live music is way different than what you'd hear on his albums.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He tours quite a bit. You'll probably get another chance.

18. CardinalVol

I saw him about 12 years ago. glad I can say I saw him, but he was all keyboard even then.

one of his band members (at least then) was from my hometown.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Where was the show?

20. CardinalVol

I saw him in Jackson on his minor league ballpark tour. I think he played smokies stadium right before or after it.