SEC Tournament Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by kptvol, Mar 4, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Judging by the crowds yesterday, I have a suggestion for the conference.

If all 14 teams are going to make the tournament, I strongly suggest that the 2 play in games be played at campus sites on Tuesday and not at the SECT site.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And I suggest the Pac-10 move their tourney to a high school gym and allow the student body to be excused from class if they attend.

3. CardinalVol

If we play ball I "think" we'll be ok. My biggest concern tonight is this team plays tight. It's really the first game they've played this year where something was on the line.

4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

A 14 team tournament doesn't necessarily mean play-in games. You could do it with a pair of play-ins and double-byes for the top four, or you could do it with 2 byes and the other 12 in action on day one.

5. CardinalVol

While what you say is true, most conferences are going to the double bye for the top 4. I'm just assuming the SEC will do the same. I could be wrong, but this seems to be the trend.

If that happens, I just think the 11/14 and 12/13 games would be better served being played at higher seed sites instead of at the SECT.

Plus, 6 games in one day is a lot of basketball. You'd almost have to start at 8 am to make it work.

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Yeah, there are logistical problems of having 12 teams in action in one day if you're at a neutral site. So you're probably right.

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If LSU keeps this up, this tournament is wide the [uck fay] open all the sudden.

8. CardinalVol

They won't. UK will win by 10.

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I tend to agree, but stranger things have happened.

10. CardinalVol

LSU has scored two (make that four) points in 7+ minutes.

11. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

LSU is pretty fun to watch.

Also, it's torture to go from listening to Bilas and Raftery to Nessler and Dykes.

12. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Those tickets are sold, even if the seats aren't occupied. That is all the conference really cares about.

I agree, and I think Bilas is mediocre and Raftery is tuhrble.

13. CardinalVol

Damned missed free throw with 30 seconds to go.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Vomit.

15. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Cotton is smiling, although I admit that it is mostly due to the fact that several hundred thousand Cat fans are sad.