SECGG

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tenacious D, Mar 17, 2019.

1. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I had more fun yesterday vthan i did today

justingroves, Ssmiff and A-Smith like this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

You asked how they would do it against even tougher opponents on short turnarounds. Turnarounds will be longer any other time than in the SEC tournament. We will not see a combination of UK and Auburn until maybe the second weekend, and even then with an extra day.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

And, again, just like today, both teams will have an equal amount of rest.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think the extra rest matters after two games. The advantage is in that opponent's first game, maybe the second. The third? C'mon.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I would almost prefer to play Mizzou, SC and UF with a 10 man bench vs MS st, KY with a short bench going into a champ game
    Still appears Bruce and this Auburn team would have our number anyway.

Indy likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

If the Elite 8 was played 24 hours after the Sweet 16, I would see your concern.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

So there's no difference in fatigue from 4 games in 4 days and 3 in 3 days. Got it.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Whiny ass excuse makers.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Nope, not much. Maybe even as little as the difference between playing the early game and the late game the day before.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I've found my way to Rupp Rafters, somehow.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Less than 20 hours

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It’s bad

Edit: I didn’t catch what was being said here.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I don’t think this excuses it at all. Just not ready to write them off.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hold up. I'm not saying that's why we lost. I'm saying rest ISN'T why we lost. Don't drop that Rupp Rafters shit on me, you have it twisted.

How would I be arguing that is why we lost by saying I don't think it makes a difference? Explain.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Just a discussion. Goodness.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I still think level of competition matters, too. We played a 5 seed and a 2 seed who is a national title contender. They played... a 10 seed.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you think they're done because they lost today, then bye. Enjoy your March.

Indy likes this.
  18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Nowhere did I say that. Today was inexcusable. That's what I said.

19. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

We looked like shit today. Couldn't handle it, couldn't shoot it, couldn't defend. Admiral had his worst gameas a volunteer, and aside from a 4 min stretch in the second half, Williams was awful. Alexander stunk, as did bone. Turner had a good game and Bowden was Bowden, but everybody else laid an egg. That is so unusual for this team that I'm going to chalk it up to a hangover from UK, fatigue from playing 3 straight days, or both.

We still have a good draw and good enough players to make a run at a final four.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, it was bad. The greatest prize still lies ahead, and from here on it is no less than 48 hours between games. They beat MSU and UK in 24 hours. They can make a run.